We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 5 million users and plan to double that number each year... which is where you come in.
About the role
As an Analytics Engineer at Cleo you will develop and maintain data models that will amplify the productivity of our analysts, empower machine learning models, and be the backbone of self-serve discovery throughout the company. As Cleo grows rapidly towards 100M worldwide users, you will take the lead on ensuring we can move fast in making data driven decisions.
We have a flat and open engineering culture where data and evidence beats opinion and hierarchy. We passionately believe in forming autonomous, cross functional teams who are empowered to deliver our ambitious strategy. You’ll work embedded in squads alongside our engineering team to help us collect, transform, store, and serve data across the company. You’ll also work closely with the wider team here at Cleo to provide training and guidance on how to utilise our data.
What you'll be doing
- Creating and owning data models in our Redshift data warehouse
- Managing our ELT pipelines that feed reporting systems and analytical teams
- Applying software engineering best practice to our data environment (e.g. testing and version control)
- Work with various business and engineering teams to ensure reliable, scalable, robust architecture for our data platform
- Work with the engineering team to ensure application design accommodates reporting and analytics requirements
- Supporting product analysts with automation, tooling, data pipelines and data engineering expertise
- 3+ years of software engineering experience with a focus on data
- Experience modelling data to amplify productivity using tooling such as dbt
- Solid SQL experience (PostgreSQL preferred). You can not only interact with a database but design new schemata
- Experience with data warehousing solutions such as Snowflake, Redshift, or similar managed solutions
- Experience evaluating new tools and processes to drive the adoption and usability of data
- Exposure to working with Python for scripting
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with biannual performance reviews. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - This position is a AE3 level and we can pay £65,004 - 83,376 p.a depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms like Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures.
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We work to live, we don’t live to work. Cleo works with everyone on our team to ensure that they have the balance they need to reach their full potential.
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. If you live in London we have a hybrid approach, we’d love you to spend one day a week or more in our beautiful office. If you’re outside of London, we’ll encourage you to spend a couple of days with us a few times per year. And we’ll cover your travel costs, naturally.
- Other benefits;
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Private Medical Insurance, Health Cash Plan, Income Protection, and Life Assurance
- 2 months paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo!
- Early finish every Friday
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!