Job Title: Data Engineer
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 and up to 20% bonus and benefits
Location: Flexible, we could support fully remote or hybrid working from any of our UK offices in London, Cardiff, Durham, Manchester, or Blackpool
We’re Tandem. The UK’s greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with greener ways to spend, borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for an enthusiastic Data Engineer to join our Data Infrastructure Team to support us on our journey.
The main purpose of the role is to collaborate with key stakeholders and be part of a multi-skilled team to acquire and deliver timely, accurate and robust data solutions that assists the business in driving growth, and support evaluation of performance.
The role will be flexible, with periodic visits to offices as needed to get you the collaboration you need to tackle the projects you undertake.
What you will be working on:
- Working in Data Integration Projects, bringing new data to the bank’s Data Warehouse by creating data acquisition processes.
- Identifying and delivering on-going fixes and improvements to existing data acquisition processes.
- Building Data extracts for internal and external stakeholders.
- Contributing to the expanding functionality our data-model and the data solutions we can offer to both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring that all solutions and processes are properly documented using standard documentation templates.
- Providing technical support to colleagues.
What we're looking for:
- Strong knowledge of SQL including: complex joins, views, stored procedures (ideally looking for T-SQL/MS SQL Server, outstanding knowledge of other SQL flavours will be considered)
- Experience with Visual Studio and SSIS packages,
- Experience of acquiring structured, semi-structured and unstructured data,
- An understanding of Data Warehouse architecture, and the concepts of ETL/ELT,
- Someone who wants to learn, and further their own knowledge as well as support the team by sharing knowledge and experience.
- Previous exposure to or knowledge of the Financial Services or Fintech industry,
- Experience working in a regulated industry or environment ,
- Exposure to TypeScript,
- Exposure to Kafka or Druid will be a plus,
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL,
- Knowledge of CI/CD and tools such as Jira, GitHub and Source Control.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Reward Hub for treats, cash back and discounts
- Pension contribution matched up to 4%
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Smart tech scheme (buy goods with 0% interest)
- 10% discount on solar panels
- Quarterly team social budgets
- Healthcare plan through Westfield Health
- Free flu jabs
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.