What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. We do this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes - and then we visualise that data to our customers.
We believe the transparency Sylvera provides will enable carbon markets to have a more positive impact on the world in a shorter space of time. This will be critical in keeping the planet under 2C of warming and provide huge wider benefits to nature and society.
Founded in 2020, Sylvera has now scaled to over 100+ employees across the world and has raised over $30m from leading VCs like Index Ventures and Insight Partners.
We're on a super steep trajectory over the next couple of years - we want incredible people that are as passionate as we are about the mission and want to build an amazing organisation with us to achieve it.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
Having found early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our Machine Learning team at pace. We’re looking for a mission-driven engineer to join our cross-functional machine learning team. Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Working on high-impact projects and innovate new solutions to problems in the earth observation space and machine learning
- Working closely with machine learning and remote sensing engineers to process data from various satellite sources
- Developing cutting-edge machine learning classifiers, models and algorithms operating on remote sensing data
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Has a BSc, MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Remote Sensing, Maths, Physics or a related technical field or relevant work experience
- Has experience writing modular code in Python (through internships, work experience or personal projects)
- Possesses familiarity with Satellite data, aerial data or other geospatial data products
- Cares about the climate and ecosystems of Earth, and to want to change incentives so they get valued and protected.
Nice to have:
- Experience solving problems with Machine Learning using Deep Learning tools such as Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Exposure to Google Earth Engine, aerial images
- Exposure to SAR or LIDAR dataPreference for candidates who can transition to a full time role after the internship.
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Half Day Fridays - 2pm finish every Friday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
- Remote GMT +/-3 (with access to an office in London/Belgrade if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Our business is built on revealing truths and debunking misperceptions.
Do What’s Right - Even When It’s Hard
The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate With Kindness
Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
- We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
- Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.