What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. We do this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes - and then we visualise that data to our customers.
We believe the transparency Sylvera provides will enable carbon markets to have a more positive impact on the world in a shorter space of time. This will be critical in keeping the planet under 2C of warming and provide huge wider benefits to nature and society.
Founded in 2020, Sylvera has now scaled to over 100+ employees across the world and has raised over $30m from leading VCs like Index Ventures and Insight Partners.
We're on a super steep trajectory over the next couple of years - we want incredible people that are as passionate as we are about the mission and want to build an amazing organisation with us to achieve it.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
We’re looking for a mission-driven, experienced and dynamic Policy Associate to join our policy team, ideally based in London. Your mission will be twofold: (i) understand the shifting currents of the climate policy and carbon markets landscape that bear on Sylvera’s mission and its clients, and (ii) translate them into useful intel through expanding and building new products and tools.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Researching, analysing and summarising key developments in the climate policy and carbon markets landscape
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and trends within the specific topics assigned to you
- Identify opportunities to expand Sylvera’s offering
- Broaden and develop new products and tools for internal and external purposes
- Be an active member of a highly collaborative, supportive team - ideating on the big issues, brainstorming solutions to complex challenges, asking incisive questions, and contributing to a high-performance culture
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Has a university degree, ideally at a Master’s level
- Has early-stage working experience (2-3 years) in carbon markets, climate policy and/or related fields
- Has excellent organisational and research skills and a proven ability to navigate complex policy landscapes
- Has great attention to detail
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Is a quick learner and team player, with the ability to work autonomously
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of the earth
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Half Day Fridays - 2pm finish every Friday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
- UK (with access to an office in London if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Our business is built on revealing truths and debunking misperceptions.
Do What’s Right - Even When It’s Hard
The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate With Kindness
Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
- We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
- Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.