We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 5 million users and plan to double that number each year... which is where you come in.
You’ll be a key member of our Machine Learning and Chat pillar that is responsible for Cleo’s ability to have meaningful and delightful conversations with our users.
Outcome 1: Improve Cleo’s ability to converse with, guide and coach our users
- Continue to improve our contextual intent recogniser so we have chatflows that cover a broad set of user jobs to be done
- Tune LLMs for our major user intents, ensuring that they reflect Cleo’s tone of voice and personality
- Ensure we have tools to quickly create and manage new intents, chatflows and replies
Outcome 2: Increase our understanding of users’ financial data and goals in order to have meaningful conversations
- Focus on accurate identification and categorisation of users’ income, bills, expenses, savings and debts
- Increase user engagement with chat, and chat as a driver of retention
- Ensure that the squad’s work aligns with the strategic direction/discovery work from other squads on what users are willing to pay for in the financial advice/coaching space
You should apply if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience in a product role involving data science/machine learning, experience in personalisation/recommendations is a plus
- Enjoy being hands on with a cross functional team of analysts, designers, data scientists and engineers
- Able to say “no” more than you say “yes” to keep the squads focused on the most impactful priorities, but also able to communicate clearly with stakeholders and get alignment
- Work collaboratively with your product squad and involve them in strategy and decision-making
- Bring creativity into how we approach financial products. We're radically changing how people interact with and feel about their finances. This means thinking about problems in a different way, and we encourage PMs from all backgrounds to apply.
- Bring energy and drive to ensure your product is successful. People would describe you as a force of nature who cares about their team
How long will the process take?
We aim to move as fast as possible. Usually 2-3 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other.
- Step 1: Call with a member of our Talent Team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- Step 2: 45-60 minutes with another of our ML focused Product Managers
- Step 3: Live product task interview, to be presented to one of our Product Managers and Data Scientists
- Step 4: 45 minutes each with two cross-functional peers from Engineering, Product or our UX Writing chapter
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with bi-annual reviews. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ This role is level PM4
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We work to live, we don’t live to work. Cleo works with everyone on our team to ensure that they have the balance they need to reach their full potential.
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. If you live in London we have a hybrid approach, we’d love for you to spend one day a week or more in our beautiful office. If you’re outside of London, we’ll encourage you to spend a couple of days with us a few times per year. And we’ll cover your travel costs, naturally.
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 2 months paid sabbatical after every 4 years at Cleo
- 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Personal Healthcare
- Online courses & internal training to level up your skills
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your Open AI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK. Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact.