What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. We do this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes - and then we visualise that data to our customers.
We believe the transparency Sylvera provides will enable carbon markets to have a more positive impact on the world in a shorter space of time. This will be critical in keeping the planet under 2C of warming and provide huge wider benefits to nature and society.
Founded in 2020, Sylvera has now scaled to over 100+ employees across the world and has raised over $30m from leading VCs like Index Ventures and Insight Partners.
We're on a super steep trajectory over the next couple of years - we want incredible people that are as passionate as we are about the mission and want to build an amazing organisation with us to achieve it.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
Having found early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our Product team at pace. We’re looking for mission, metric and customer driven Senior Product Manager or Product Lead to join our Product function.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Discover, test, validate and fail (at times) with your assumptions on how to improve our product.
- Solve for the e2e journey our users go through from identifying high quality offsets to developing reports which help articulate their offset strategy.
- Think big; you will be expected to think beyond the world of Carbon Offsets and in to areas where our users are starting to engage in.
- Execute efficiently in a start-up where Voluntary Carbon Markets, Regulation and Clients behaviours are constantly changing.
- Build relationships with your Sylvera colleagues in marketing, commercial, customer support, legal & compliance, design and of course engineering to launch your solutions.
- Deliver against tangible business objectives and are always focusing on the highest impact and value we can deliver.
- Build deep empathy and understanding of our clients use cases and their end users needs. Be passionate about solving problems and identifying new opportunities.
- Understand the competitive landscape and build an understanding of how people Educate themselves on VCM, Identify and procure high quality offsets and then report against their strategy.
- Mentor and develop other product managers at Sylvera to help them reach their potential.
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- With 4yrs + product management experience working in a product-first, fast paced, consumer driven, high growth tech company or a financial data company with a strong product management discipline.
- Is familiar working with a digital product used by a technical user base such as Traders, CSR teams, Internal Screening teams and Carbon Credit Brokers.
- Has some design chops, at minimum you should be able to create quick prototypes and interview customers objectively when partnering. We work closely with our design team and are able to thoughtfully dissect insights from users.
- Has good product sense and has proven this via the product they have built.
- Has experience working with a product integrated with multiple data sources such as pricing information from 3rd parties.
- Can act on data without relying on the complete picture to be built for them; prioritisation is your strength, and you have the ability to win consensus for your ideas amongst your stakeholders
- Is customer-focused; everything you do, you do it to create a platform that our clients love to use
- Would consider themselves a “people-person” - equally comfortable gathering user feedback, presenting your ideas to engineers or reporting your KPIs back to your product team - communication is key
- Gets energy from working with cross-functional people from all over the world.
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of the earth
- Is a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments, ideally with early-stage experience
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Half Day Fridays - 2pm finish every Friday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
- Remote GMT +/-3 (with access to an office in London/Belgrade if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Our business is built on revealing truths and debunking misperceptions.
Do What’s Right - Even When It’s Hard
The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate With Kindness
Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
- We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
- Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.