To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
This role requires experience with administration of MacOS and GCP experience
A lot of companies say they are “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
Mozilla's Release SRE Team is looking for a dedicated engineer to help us build and maintain infrastructure that supports the build, test, and release process. You will combine skills from DevOps, SRE, Systems Administration, and Software Development to create and improve cloud and on-prem image configuration, management and deployment.
As a Release SRE you will work closely with Mozilla's engineering and performance teams and participate in engineering projects across the company. You will collaborate with hard working engineers across different levels of experience and backgrounds. Most of your work will involve working in CI/CD, management of on-prem and cloud systems, automation and orchestration.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Manage infrastructure: on-premise, GCP, and Mac Stadium
- Write, maintain, and expand automation scripts to create robust CI/CD infrastructure
- Be on-call for build and release pipelines
- Demonstrate accountability in the delivery of work
Your Professional Profile:
- Strong experience managing MacOS and Ubuntu/Linux systems
- Experience using Infrastructure as Code tooling such as Puppet and Terraform
- Managed hardware: Mac Minis, HP Moonshots, Intel NUCs
- Experience creating and managing docker containers
- Experience programming in Python, PowerShell and Bash
- Good understanding CI/CD tools and pipelines
- Comfortable troubleshooting difficult or ambiguous issues
- Curiosity and interest in learning new things
- Strong communication skills
We are excited to see any additional experience with:
- Code signing, Apple Signing
- Involvement in running services in the cloud
- Good understanding of REST APIs
- Experience with Git and Mercurial SCM
- Experience with Github Actions, Circle CI, Jenkins, and TaskCluster
- Monitoring/Logging with technologies like Grafana, Splunk and Papertrail
- Open-source software involvement
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2111