- This role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
We're an international group of makers, builders and doers who still believe in the original promise of the internet — a place to find purpose and joy and freedom. The Creative Studio partners with marketing to test and learn our way to compelling, needle-moving campaigns, content and creative assets for our core brands: Mozilla, Firefox and Pocket. We're the stewards of these well-loved, well-established product brands — and all of them are on the precipice of big change.
Our Studio team has insight into all of the business strategies and initiatives at Mozilla and its different products. It’s a dynamic and exciting team that helps to shape public perception of issues like online privacy and responsible tech and make those topics relevant and accessible to our audiences.
As a Visual Designer on the European marketing team, you will play a central role in shaping the way Mozilla and its products, like Firefox and Pocket, show up in the world – specifically in Germany, France and the UK – and how we communicate with our audiences.
You will work closely with our Head of Creative in Europe and the global Design Lead to refine, expand, systemize, and bring to life our brand expression across all touchpoints. Your design work will help establish and evolve a connected, compelling experience for our European audiences from getting their attention out in the world to bringing them into our brand and products. You will conceptualize, develop, and implement our brand identity, including work on a variety of guidelines and narratives across social, digital, print, blog, and web. You will co-own the near-term vision for our brand design systems to help scale our team's work and contribute to the healthy operations of the Studio Team. And of course, you'll design loads of consumer content and brainstorm creative ideas with the Studio team and the wider marketing team.
A passionate Visual Designer with strong conceptual thinking and a diverse portfolio showcasing experience across a variety of mediums including digital ads, website and print. You’re comfortable asking questions, interested in data and research, and looking to create user-centered experiences that are differentiating and fresh. Your default is to find solutions by making. You think on a macro and a micro level and are able to make decisions that support both the system and the individual components.
You’re interested in how things work and interact to create visually cohesive and well-designed experience. You understand how to approach visual storytelling for different channels and mediums. You have experience shipping consumer-facing creative assets as well as working on one-off projects and are able to contribute from concept to final production. You are motivated, curious and want to continually grow and push your technical abilities, design knowledge and creative output.
- Work closely with the key partners to understand creative brief requirements, develop concepts, iterate quickly, and ship experiences in a digital framework
- Develop creative strategy, process and goals and communicate those to other team members and stakeholders
- Think systemically and lead the creation of flexible assets and clear tool kits for brand and campaign launches
- Craft and concept original design and illustration digital channels such as social media, video, landing pages, emails, ads, app store creative, and more
- Lead brainstorm sessions and pitch content ideas that support the bigger message and connects the dots
- Vet, onboard and brief agencies and Freelancers on design and video asset creation
- Use data and research, like performance metrics, consumer surveys and A/B test results, to improve creative work
- Advocate for the importance of user centered design and consumer quality experiences and demonstrate solutions to internal and external partners
- Participate in weekly all-marketing meetings and other cross-functional meetings, create presentation decks and represent the work of the European marketing team to the wider organization
Your Professional Profile
- 7+ years of professional experience in graphic design
- Strong portfolio of visual design, campaign design and brand identity
- Expert visual design skills: type, color, layout, hierarchy, iconography, illustration, motion and image making
- Experience crafting and shipping digital marketing for consumer facing products
- Experience working with web developers to translate design to web pages and other digital applications
- Experience in concepting and executing brand campaigns
- Excellent collaboration & project management skills; communication & presentation skills; intercultural skills
- Comfortable designing in an open, shared environment and presenting work to groups large and small
- Ability to become fluent and work from various brand guidelines or toolkits
- Experience in working on a distributed team and working cross functionally
- Experience working with UI/UX/product design teams
- Versatile, always-learning mindset
- Fluent in English with great or even native German language skills (our workplace language is English, but your focus will be on content for Germany and France
- Experience working in Figma
- Experience setting up creative user testing and research
- Video/storyboarding experience
- Experience with crafting digital design systems
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.