WELCOME to Aetion! We are one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Aetion Evidence Platform is used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line. Aetion is headquartered in the US and has expanded throughout Europe with EU headquarters in Barcelona.
- European Medicines Agency selected Aetion to support safety and efficacy research in Europe
- Collaboration with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Strategic partnership with Quinten Health to use Artificial Intelligence and Real World Evidence to reduce research timelines
- Aetion and Cegedim Health Data long-term partnership to expand real-world evidence research in Europe
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are a recipients of a number of prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston and Built In New York 2022 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2022 Best Companies for Women to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’s 2022 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- 25 vacations days
- Daily in-office lunch stipend (and a fully stocked kitchen)
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive private health coverage w/ out-of-network reimbursements options .
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learn
As Principal Forward Deploy Site Reliability Engineer, you will be a critical and senior member of Aetion’s engineering organization. As Aetion’s products continue to scale, we are writing the next chapter in our ability to innovate and operate with efficiency and maturity. You will be an instrumental part of us continuing down this path.
As a member of the Site Reliability Engineering team, you will own Aetion’s infrastructure which is containerized and managed through Infrastructure as Code (IaC). You will split your time between engineering projects (maturing our infrastructure and automation) and supporting day to day operations (such as provisioning infrastructure and providing production support). The team has great things in place but also has strong ambitions about what else we want to achieve.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Being the primary technical contact for valuable clients that require collaboration and technical expertise.
- Provisioning infrastructure into client-owned AWS accounts and/or on premise hardware installations.
- Working closely with the rest of the Site Reliability Engineering team to incorporate client-driven requirements into our infrastructure while keeping things as consistent as possible across all of our installations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years experience in Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, or Software Engineering roles.
- 6+ years experience developing in Golang, Python, or other programming languages.
- 3+ years experience in IaC tools and languages such as Pulumi, Helm, Terraform, Ansible, or Packer.
- 3+ years experience with cloud providers (preferably AWS).
- Proficiency in building and debugging applications written in Java, Typescript, and Python.
- Ability to prioritize, communicate well, design for repeatability and scalability, exude ownership, and dig beneath the hood with technology.
- Flexibility to both improve what we have in motion and to innovate on new capabilities.
- Ability to take a lead role in complex engineering projects.
- Willingness to travel to client sites in the EU as needed (~20-25%).
- Exposure to distributed systems and CI/CD (Jenkins).
- Experience with containerized workloads (Docker and Kubernetes).
- Experience with Computer Networking.
- Experience with provisioning of NoSQL databases, big data platforms, and relational databases.
- Experience working in an agile Scrum environment.
- Experience in the healthcare industry or other field where information security is a concern.
About Aetion’s Site Reliability Engineering Team:
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.