Software Engineer, Machine Learning, London or Lausanne
We are looking for engineers with various levels of experience - Mid through to Senior, Principal, Staff or equivalent levels.
Isomorphic Labs is a new Alphabet company that is reimagining drug discovery through a computational- and AI-first approach.
We are on a mission to accelerate the speed, increase the efficacy and lower the cost of drug discovery. You'll be working at the cutting edge of the new era of 'digital biology' to deliver a transformative social impact for the benefit of millions of people.
Come and be part of a multi-disciplinary team driving groundbreaking innovation and play a meaningful role in contributing towards us achieving our ambitious goals, while being a part of an inspiring, collaborative and entrepreneurial culture.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to work on a greenfield ML-based software platform that will transform the biopharmaceutical world as we know it.
Working in a highly creative, iterative environment, you will be partnering with leading engineers, scientists and ML researchers to build the critical platform driving that transformation. This is a newly created role and you will need to use your previous experience and show initiative in order to fully carve out your contribution.
What you will do
- Design and create a world-leading ML drug discovery platform by developing secure, scalable, cloud-based software and libraries
- Develop tools to enable large-scale machine learning experiments.
- Partner with the ML Research, Drug Design, and Data Engineering teams to design, develop, train, and evaluate a variety of cutting edge ML models.
- Maximise model performance, scalability, and robustness for production use within our computational platform.
- Collaborate with the MLOps team to support model operation in production.
- Create novel instrumental drug discovery tools in partnership with domain experts, taking end-to-end ownership from rapid prototyping to production-quality code
- Iterate collaboratively with scientists and domain experts to gather feature requirements and user feedback
Skills and qualifications
- Strong experience with developing large-scale machine learning models
- Experience with a variety of modern ML frameworks in production settings, including at least one of PyTorch, JAX, or TensorFlow
- Experience with the full ML development lifecycle
- Experience partnering with research and product teams to prototype then productionise ML models - particularly Deep Learning and Neural Networks
- Strong software engineering experience with software design / architecture skills
- Extensive programming experience writing production code using any mainstream programming languages, e.g. Python, Java, C++, Go
- Experience building secure/scalable platforms/products on cloud
- Demonstrate ongoing career progression / trajectory and a passion for learning
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Basic understanding of maths and statistics
Nice to have
- Strong experience in Python
- Basic knowledge of biology / chemistry
- Experience working with biomedical data
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, ideally with a focus on drug discovery
- Experience building, deploying and maintaining production systems on GCP
Behaviours and attributes
What does it take to be successful at IsoLabs? We’ve boiled it down to some core values…
Thoughtful at Iso is about curiosity, creativity and care. It is about good people doing good, rigorous and future-making science every single day.
Brave at Iso is about fearlessness, but it’s also about initiative and integrity. The scale of the challenge demands nothing less.
Determined at Iso is the way we pursue our goal. It’s a confidence in our hypothesis, as well as the urgency and agility needed to deliver on it. Because disease won’t wait, so neither should we.
In this together
Together at Iso is about connection, collaboration across fields and catalytic relationships. It’s knowing that transformation is a group project, and remembering that what we’re doing will have a real impact on real people everywhere.
Creating an inclusive company
We realise that to be successful we need our teams to reflect and represent the populations we are striving to serve. We’re working to build a supportive and inclusive environment where collaboration is encouraged and learning is shared. We value diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds and perspectives and harness these qualities to create extraordinary impact.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Hybrid working: It’s hugely important for us to be able to share knowledge and establish relationships with each other, and we find it easier to do this if we spend time together in person. This is why we’ve decided to follow a hybrid model, and would require you to be able to come into the office 3 days a week (currently Tue, Wed, and one other day depending on which team you’re in). As an equal opportunities employer we are committed to building an equal and inclusive team. If you have additional needs that would prevent you from following this hybrid approach, we’d be happy to talk through these if you’re selected for an initial screening call.