Job Title: Systems Analyst
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 and up to 20% bonus and benefits
Location: Blackpool (FY4 2FB), hybrid working
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with greener ways to spend, borrow and save. With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK. We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for a hardworking and driven Systems Analyst to join us. As a Systems Analyst you will work with internal customers and 3rd party to suppliers to provide 2nd Line Support to our software applications.
The main purpose of the role is to:
- Providing 2nd Line Support to our internal customers using our software applications.
- Performing root cause analysis for key incidents and completing all necessary documentation.
- System configuration of legacy systems such as Sentinel, including workflows, user-definable settings, product sets, and rule sets.
- Creation and maintenance of customer documentation using package like Crystal Reporting, and where changes are required to unit test the changes.
- Automation of workflows and messaging.
- Support and maintenance of bespoke Portals, including the on-boarding of new Brokers.
- Perform daily checks and monitoring to ensure all batch processes complete successfully, and the system is performing and functioning correctly.
- Working with Suppliers to ensure that the Group is utilising the available technology to the maximum effect, and where issues occur, that they are resolved in accordance with priority \ severity in accordance with change control procedures.
- Ensure that all technical documentation is created and kept updated.
- Communicating with stakeholders to provide key updates with regards to upcoming change
- Accountable for individual performance and contribution to achieve KPI’s and Objectives set by the business.
What we are looking for
- The role is for someone with the following:
- A proven track record supporting applications.
- Demonstrable technical knowledge, such as SQL, Crystal Reporting
- Experience working in the financial sector.
- Extremely collaborative, can bring different skill sets together to solve problems.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity.
- Passionate about technology products and configuring technology systems.
- Interested in the Fintech space.
- Experience of understanding complex business processes, complex data requirements.
- Be IT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle, ITIL and Change Control function
- An extremely strong work ethic and has huge determination to succeed.
- Enthusiastic personality, optimistic in mindset and has a can-do attitude.
- Has a curiosity to understand how things work.
- Someone who is action orientated, has great energy and drive.
- Good judgement and applies “common sense” when problem solving.
- An exceptional communicator
Your journey to powering your potential
Depending on your experience and background, this period will be spent understanding the business and the technologies in place within Tandem and learning how to investigate and resolve incidents in support of the user community. You will also be trained on performing daily checks and system monitoring.
As your experience and knowledge is enhanced you will receive training on the configurable areas of the systems supported, including the automation that is in use. You will also receive mentoring in Crystal Reporting and be tasked with small change requests.
In this period, you will also continue to deal with incidents and consolidate the knowledge gained in your first 6 months resolving incidents and performing root cause analysis to identify actions that can be taken to minimise/eliminate recurrence. You will also be shown how to run regular monthly tasks and scripts, and during this phase you will complete any SQL training. You will also be allocated small Change Requests to implement.
Our rewards are getting a big update, with enhancements due to land in early 2023!
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Perkbox for treats and discounts
- Pension contribution
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a week for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.