Credit Risk Analytics Manager
Salary: dependent on experience
Location: we can support hybrid working from our London, Cardiff, Blackpool, Manchester or Durham (Chester-Le-Street) offices
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with sustainable ways to borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Credit Risk Analytics Manager to join the team.
Reporting to the Head of Credit Risk, the Credit Risk Analytics Manager will be responsible for oversight of analytics across the wider Credit Risk team, covering full customer lifecycle oversight, across Personal Loans, Motor Finance, 1st and 2nd Second Charge Mortgages and Green Lending.
The Credit Risk team is a second line team within the Risk & Compliance function. Our aim is to provide oversight of Credit Risk across the full customer lifecycle and across the entire suite of Bank products.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Establishing an effective suite of portfolio MI, identifying emerging risks.
- Scorecard development, review and maintenance
- Oversight of credit policy and decision engines, through data interrogation, including proposals for changes
- Production of technical papers for committee and senior leadership
- Responsible for ensuring business adheres to risk appetite
- Analytical thematic reviews and recommendations e.g. impacts of Cost of Living
- Deliver high-quality model monitoring and periodic reviews for existing credit risk models
- Lead, coach and guide the Credit Risk analytics pool
- Develop relationships with all key stakeholders;
- Support the introduction of a robust governance framework for the management of model risk
- Work pro-actively with IT, Data Team and analytics areas to drive forward and mitigate issues in the development and implementation of models and robust analytics and reporting
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- At least 5-10 years hands on analytics experience within Credit Risk
- A degree in a numerate subject with knowledge of advanced statistical and analytical techniques
- Hands-on experienced SQL and or SAS coder
- Experienced Scorecard building using statistical tools.
- Experience of managing modelling and/or analytics teams
- Act as a modelling expert throughout the development lifecycle with all stakeholders; be recognised as a consistent source of business insight through modelling solutions
Qualities we look for:
- Great interpersonal skills. You’ll need to build relationships with a wide variety of people. A personable manner, a proclivity for team-working and adaptability are all important.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with experience of tailoring communication for different audiences
- An innovative and ambitious mindset with the ability to also be hands-on and practical
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.