We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we fight for the world’s financial health, building a beloved AI that empowers people to make better financial decisions.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 5 million users and plan to double that number each year...which is where you come in.
What’s the role all about?
Our users want our help at all times of the day, so we do our best to support them as close as we can to meet their needs 24/7. Our teams are spread throughout the world so we aim to create a seamless handover between our many timezones.
We want empathetic team players who are keen to solve people’s problems and who don’t mind having a laugh along the way. We encourage our team to find a work/life balance by maintaining healthy boundaries.
What you’ll be doing:
- Live chatting with our users to help them on their journey with the Cleo App.
- Assisting in the training of our intent classifier by annotating past conversations, thereby improving our AI's performance.
- Helping users get the best chance of getting Cleo to give them a Cash Advance.
- Serving our users that use our Credit Builder Card.
- Interacting with our community of users to help us as a company understand our user base and give input on what product and changes we should make as a company to better serve them.
- Keeping an eye on the trends that you are seeing and reporting irregularities to the right product teams.
- This is a part-time position based remotely from your home in the UK, It would suit someone looking to do between 20-25 hours of work per week.
- Hours will be flexible but mainly fall between 9am - 5pm over 7 days of the week. It will definitely include one weekend shift.
- The salary for this position is between £11-£12 an hour 💰
What are we looking for?
- You will need to be based in the UK
- Self starting: you will be onboarded and work from home so will need to be driven to find the answers to the questions you have and make it work
- Proactive initiative: You have the ability to take ownership of user experience and willingness to propose solutions before escalating
- Emotional Intelligence: You must be motivated to solve customer issues and have empathy when dealing with sensitive situations
- Conflict resolution: You must be able to calmly de-escalate angry customers and give them actionable solutions
- Tech savvy: You will need to pick up new systems and software quickly to look into user issues daily
- Strong time management: You will be required to independently juggle multiple priorities across being responsive to customers, building your understanding of the product, and interacting with the team in London
- Community driven: You will need to make decisions based on what is best for the team and communicate effectively to work towards a common goal
- Nice to have: Experience working with customers who face adversity or financial instability
How long will the process take?
We don't like to hang around and are excited to get you started asap. You'll get an idea of what to expect below:
- A fifteen minute zoom call with a member of our team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo.
- One Hour Zoom Interview. Half an hour with your (potential) future manager then half an hour with a couple of our team members to talk about culture and values.
- There will be a short task that you will be expected to prepare ahead of the one hour interview.
What do you get for all your hard work?
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Sofina Balderton & EQT Ventures.
- Cleo is a culture of stepping up. We want, and expect you to grow and develop. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. You’ll have our support in everything you do. But more importantly, you’ll have our trust.
- We treat you as humans first, employees second. Because we can’t fight for the world’s financial health, if we’re not healthy ourselves. This means the usual perks but it also means flexibility.
- Other benefits include;
- 25 days of holiday a year which is accrued during service (+an extra day for every year you spend at Cleo & 2 months paid sabbatical after 4 years!) 🌴
- Sick Leave, Paid Family Leave
- Private medical insurance & Health Cash Plan
- Income Protection & Life Assurance
- 6% Employee-matched pension! 💰
- Electric Car salary sacrifice, cycle to work and a season ticket loan 🚆
- Online courses and internal training to level up your skills like from coding, to SQL, to management training
- Cleo socials and activities
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill 🌎
- A clear career progression path through Progression https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/
- And many more! 🎉