We’re quite proud of our achievements…
300M+ downloads, 55M+ monthly users, #1 by installs in the iOS Health category, 4.9 stars on the App Store (3M+ reviews), backed by 7 VCs, annual revenue at 9 figures, and a valuation close to $1B.
…and we’re just getting started.
We’re Flo Health, a rapidly growing, Series B funded HealthTech building the essential digital health partner of tomorrow to empower women, girls, and people who menstruate with the knowledge and support they need to stay well and live better.
And there's never been a more exciting time to join us.
Our cycle, ovulation and pregnancy tracking, educational content and anonymised community platform have been trusted for years by millions to help them feel more in control of their health every day.
Now though, we’re harnessing the power of data analytics and AI to build a smarter future, one where we all know our bodies better - we’re set to become the world’s favourite female health brand.
Big plans, right?
They absolutely are - that’s why we’re hiring.
To uphold the exceptional level of support provided to our employees, we are seeking a skilled DevSecOps Engineer to join the IT Engineering Infrastructure team at Flo Health. Your role will involve managing and enhancing the IT experience within our application landscape. At Flo Health, we are committed to delivering the best solutions possible.
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for:
- Engage in the planning, designing, development, and testing of systems or applications, both for software enhancements and new products, which may include cloud-based or internet-related tools.
- Facilitate the creation of solutions that consider crucial aspects such as APIs, security, scalability, manageability, and usability, resulting in comprehensive and effective solutions.
- Identify opportunities to minimize technology expenses and complexity, seeking ways to optimize resources.
- Act as an escalation point and mentor for IT Engineers, adept at resolving technical issues pertaining to user identities and access management.
- Drive continuous improvements, actively participating in projects and service enhancements.
- Provide expert insights into the design of strategic initiatives, ensuring efficiency and reliability at a large scale.
- Ensure the reliability, resilience, security, and compliance of all business process automations.
- Collaborate with vendors throughout the development, installation, and troubleshooting of application systems and software to enhance the performance of supported applications.
- You'll manage security dashboards (Google Workspace, Okta, CrowdStrike) and manage tasks to remediate tasks.
- Promote technology innovation by identifying and researching existing/available or new and relevant technologies.
- Fulfill the role of a technical point of contact, delivering IT solutions and applications based on defined architecture and requirements.
- Analyze requirements, conduct tests, and facilitate the seamless integration of application components.
- Ensure successful implementation of system improvements.
- Streamline processes and policies through automation.
- Customer first mindset with an ownership mentality.
- System Administrator or Enterprise Applications Engineer with 5+ years of experience.
- Python coding skills
- Advanced skills managing systems via Google Workspace, Okta Workflow, Jira Automation, Slack, and other industry leading SaaS solutions.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining Zero-Trust concepts and policy enforcement.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) automations in CD/CI and VCS environments using Terraform.
- Understanding and experience using or deploying device-based trust applications (Okta Verify, Google Beyondcorp, Cloudflare Zero Trust, etc).
- Extensive knowledge of RBAC/ABAC concepts and operating policies.
- Impeccable technical documentation and KB writing skills.
- Work independently and organized, with the ability to prioritize a busy workload.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members that are dependencies to meet the customers need.
- Advanced level of thorough technical troubleshooting experience.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with identity governance administration concepts (IGA).
- Deep understanding of Information Technology and Security related best practices to ensure the integrity and protection.
- Working in a SOC2 and ISO environment.
- Ability to help with automation tasks where APIs or workflows need to be created to help increase efficiency in an existing process.
UK - ₤54,000 - ₤73,000 gross per year.
Ranges may vary depending on your skills, competencies and experience.
People perform better when they’re happy, paid well, looked after and supported.
That’s just a fact.On top of competitive salaries, Flo's employees have access to:
- A fully flexible working environment wherever you’re at your best: at home, in our offices, or a mix-and-match of both
- Company equity grants through Flo’s Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP)
- Paid holiday and sick leave
- Fully paid female health and sick leave, in addition to holiday and regular sick leave
- Workations - an opportunity to work abroad for two months a year
- Six months paid maternity leave, and one months paid paternity leave (subject to qualifying conditions) inclusive of same-sex and adoptive parents
- Career growth, progression, and learning development resources
- Annual salary reviews
- Unlimited free premium Flo subscriptions
- A whole host of other benefits (health/pension/social schemes)
It’s pretty hard to condense a culture down to a few words, but we do all have a few things in common.
We’re problem solvers, we’re adaptable, we’re empathy driven and results led.
People here like working in a fast-paced, multi-national, multi-cultural and ever changing environment. Everyone has an impact on a powerful mission, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to ideate solutions and put them in place. Being part of a rapidly growing business means that the answers aren’t always there for us already, but that’s okay; it’s part of the excitement!
If this resonates, we might be the right place for you.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.