More than one third of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, with 10% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste.
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: To inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. We are the world's #1 app for fighting food waste and we work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has expanded rapidly across Europe, the US, and Canada, with over 200 million meals saved across our 17 countries to date.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but did we mention the issue is huge? We always want to raise the bar and that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for an exceptional Director of Business Tools to join the Global superstar team at Too Good To Go in London, Copenhagen or Amsterdam.
As our Director of Business Tools, you will be accountable for ensuring our internal digital tools needed for commercial operations (e.g. CRM, VoIP, lead generation, project management, sales territory design, amongst others), are developed, implemented, and maintained to the highest standard. You will lead a team of Project managers, Commercial Tool trainers and a team of Lead generation specialists whom all work at global level.
You will be part of our Global Commercial team working across all of our 17 markets, impacting thousands of partner relationships and millions of consumers. You will be reporting to our Chief Commercial Officer, and be expected to regularly engage with the Global Management Team, as well as commercial leaders across the company on Business Tool topics.
At Too Good To Go, we are a mission-led company. This implies that our mission to fight food waste always comes first. Our ability to use the most up to date Business Tools available is a key driver of effectiveness throughout our network in support of that mission, and we are looking for a knowledgeable and driven individual to lead our Business Tool efforts in support of our mission.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for our internal business tools required for commercial operations, including CRM, Project Management, Lead Generation, Sales Territory design, amongst many others, which are aligned with the company's overall objectives and growth plans.
- Lead a team of strong project managers and tooling trainers, providing clear guidance, mentoring, and performance management.
- Collaborate proactively with cross-functional teams, including Operations, Global Key Accounts & Indies team, Product, Marketing, and Tech, to gather requirements and prioritize tooling initiatives based on business needs.
- Assess the existing tooling landscape, identify areas for improvement, and implement scalable solutions to streamline operations, reduce costs, and increase productivity.
- Oversee the selection, implementation, and maintenance of business tools and systems, ensuring seamless integration with existing infrastructure.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives, leveraging data analytics and user feedback to optimize tooling performance and user experience.
- Provide regular reports and insights to senior management, highlighting key performance metrics, system utilization, and potential areas of improvement.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies in business tooling and recommend innovative solutions to enhance our operations.
- Lead the Global Sales Operations team responsible for Lead generation activities supporting local sales teams.
- Establish and optimize lead generation processes, ensuring efficiency, accuracy, and timely delivery of high-quality leads.
- Coordinate with the data team to leverage data analytics and insights to improve lead generation strategies and identify new opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with the sales leadership team to understand their needs and equip them with the most relevant and valuable leads.
- Work with the Internal Product team tasked to build automation improvements in the acquisition funnel and implement adaptations needed to the human touch process.
- Significant professional experience in leading a global function related to business tooling and operations support in a company with multiple country operations
- Substantial knowledge and experience with Sales force as a CRM tool and how this can be put to use in optimizing commercial operations.
- Proven track record of successfully bringing new innovative technology to a workforce that has positively impacted the performance of the wider commercial team.
- Technical skills needed to understand integration implications and opportunities with modern business tools
- Deep understanding of sales processes from prospecting to closed deals and having the ability to develop the right business tools to accommodate this.
- You have strong process mapping experience, demonstrating success in scoping business requirements, designing and implementing processes
- Hands on project management experience in executing cross functional and multi stakeholder projects towards deployment.
- Proficiency in data analytics and reporting, with the ability to derive insights and make data-driven decisions.
- Comfortable working in a global context, with an understanding of cultural nuances, business practices, and market dynamics across different countries and regions.
- A strategic and leadership mindset, with the ability to engage and inspire cross-functional stakeholders in order to achieve agreed objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role.
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,200+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care.
- WORK FLEXIBLY:
- Enjoy hybrid working from our great offices, at home or abroad.
- Extra parental leave and days off beyond local legislation and the option to take an extra week of unpaid leave
- Health insurance and pension plans (subject to country of employment).
- Additional days off for significant life events
- CELEBRATE & SOCIALISE
- Regular social events like summer and winter parties.
- Coffee, snacks and fully-equipped kitchens.
- Get to know our community with a monthly free Surprise Bag
- Paid volunteer time through our Shareback volunteering programme
- Women in the Workplace, P.R.I.D.E., People of Colour and Functionally Diverse Employee Resource Groups
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.