Joining Busuu means being part of one of the top EdTech companies in the world, a multiple award-winner recognised for its innovation and impact in language learning.
Busuu’s vision is to empower people through languages. We are the world’s largest online community for language learning, with 120+ million registered users. We make learning a language easy by combining AI-powered courses with feedback from our global community of native speakers and lesson content designed for real life.
Busuu is part of the global Chegg family. Chegg is the leading student-first connected learning platform and a NYSE listed company.
We’re an incredibly fast paced business that requires a capable and ambitious individual with proven accounting, financial planning and analysis skills and excellent technical knowledge, to help build and maintain our best in class finance function.
Reporting to, and working closely with, the FP&A Director, you will be instrumental in delivering financial insights and strategic decision support to both internal and external stakeholders. Forward-looking, creative and inquisitive; the ideal candidate helps to maintain, challenge and deliver our Financial Plan. You will be comfortable collaborating with teams across the business, applying your financial and analytical mind-set to help meet our growth targets.
What does an FP&A Lead do at Busuu?
- Lead full P&L forecasting for annual and semi-annual financial plans, monthly forecasts, and ongoing performance analysis
- Develop long range planning/operating model for the Busuu group and support the successful migration to Adaptive Planning (our financial reporting and planning system)
- Be a thought partner to support the evolution and growth of the business, providing data-backed recommendations
- Review monthly variance analysis on actual results versus plan/forecast and communicate to business and finance partners; support appropriate month-end close processes and facilitate financial review meetings
- Develop and monitor financial KPIs in collaboration with Data Science, Product and other business functions to identify and evaluate dependencies and financial opportunities to drive growth and margin improvements
- Operate with a "no surprises" approach to communications. Inform leadership of financial risks and opportunities early; seek deep understanding of new performance developments; and maintain constant flow of information with Business and Finance partners
- Balance critical finance deliverables with operational requests to meet all finance deadlines while supporting business partners
What we’re looking for in an FP&A Lead at Busuu:
- Qualified finance professional ACA/CFA (5+ years PQE) with analytical bias
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge (UK and US GAAP)
- Experience of Group consolidated forecasting - experience at a US listed company preferred
- Financial analysis experience in a high-tech / high growth environment with proven career advancement
- Demonstrated people management and executive communication skills, balanced with proven financial acumen & analytical skillset
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (experience with modeling complex businesses) and financial reporting and planning systems (NetSuite, Adaptive Planning)
- Familiarity with SQL and Tableau (python a bonus)
- Data-driven and commercially minded, with excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Naturally curious, with the ability to ask the right questions and challenge the status quo
- Confidence to set own goals, ambitious and driven to push limits
At Busuu we want to ensure that you have access to some great benefits:
- Our centrally located offices are well-equipped with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit, and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late
- Busuu offers a great Private Health Insurance scheme
- There is a personal training budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field to ensure our employees can continuously grow and progress in their careers
- We like to support our teams with their work-life balance so we offer flexible working hours and a hybrid model of working
- We offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Staying connected as a team is very important to us, so we have lots of social activities for you to join such as team lunches, Friday socials, quarterly team, and company events
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process is the following steps:
- CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible
- Let’s chat - Quick chat with our recruiter about your experience and the role
- Task - Short take home task
- Call with the hiring manager
- Panel Interview
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious, or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgment-free zone to speak freely.