Joining Busuu means being part of one of the top EdTech companies in the world, a multiple award-winner recognised for its innovation and impact in language learning.
Busuu’s vision is to empower people through languages. We are the world’s largest online community for language learning, with 120+ million registered users. We make learning a language easy by combining AI-powered courses with feedback from our global community of native speakers and lesson content designed for real life.
Busuu is part of the global Chegg family. Chegg is the leading student-first connected learning platform and a NYSE listed company.
What does a Product Analyst do at Busuu?
You will be working closely with the product team to find areas of improvement within the product through A/B test design and analysis, performance reviews and be the data analytics expert within that team. With a huge pool of data at your disposal, you will have a strategic position to target our users and work alongside with other teams to examine performance trends of Busuu on an on-going basis. You will:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our product, identify growth opportunities and execute on projects to drive growth engagement.
- Be the driver of change through designing, developing and deploying reporting solutions to support colleagues in tracking growth and performance metrics.
- Understand ecosystems, user behaviours and long-term trends and loop back to the business to strategically guide the product changes and other teams initiatives.
- Identify new levers to help move key metrics
- Influence stakeholders through presentation of data-based recommendations
What we’re looking for in a Product Analyst:
- 3+ years (or equivalent) of experience in an analytics / data science role
- Knowledge of SQL and Excel, and BI platforms such as Tableau
- Experience in product analytics practices (e.g. A/B testing) and platforms (e.g. Amplitude, Optimizely)
- Ability to interpret complex data sets and come up with, and communicate, actionable recommendations
- Comfortable working in a fast paced start-up environment
- A strong degree in a STEM subject, marketing, business or other related discipline
- Knowledge of DBT and Python for data analysis a plus
At Busuu we want to ensure that you have access to some great benefits:
- Our centrally located offices are well-equipped with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit, and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late
- Busuu offers a great Private Health Insurance scheme
- There is a personal training budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field to ensure our employees can continuously grow and progress in their careers
- We like to support our teams with their work-life balance so we offer flexible working hours and a hybrid model of working
- We offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Staying connected as a team is very important to us, so we have lots of social activities for you to join such as team lunches, Friday socials, quarterly team, and company events
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process is the following steps:
- CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible
- Let’s chat - Quick chat with our recruiter about your experience and the role
- A video call - Call with the hiring manager
- Task & Team Interviews
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious, or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgment-free zone to speak freely.