We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
You can also see our latest DE&I report here.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we fight for the world’s financial health, building a beloved AI that empowers people to make better financial decisions.
We've raised over $100m from top tier VCs, reached over 7 million users who we've saved $50m+ in overdraft fees alone and have built a business with more than $30m annual recurring revenue, growing more than 3x year on year.
This role involves leading our new card product and building it into being a core part of the overall Cleo experience. The card will be at the center of our vision to help people spend better and smash fees.
Why spend better?
Spending is inevitable. For our most vulnerable users, their daily spending choices can affect their ability to cover the most basic necessities. For Cleo, spending better is an opportunity to help people become more aware of their spending habits, understand the areas to cut down, and make smarter choices when it comes to essential spending so they get more out of their money.
Why smash fees?
Bank fees are the silent killer: they’re designed to be confusing, hidden, and unfair.
We help people make payments on time, reduce credit utilization, and ultimately improve their credit scores. We want our users to reach real-world goals and outcomes such as buying a car, renting an apartment, accessing lower-cost credit, and being free of debt.
- Report directly to our Head of Product
- Own the vision, long term strategy, and product roadmap for the card
- Hire, build, develop, and lead a high performing product management team
- Work closely with your partners in product, engineering, design, user research, and data to ensure Cleo is delivering to business and users needs
- Consistently deliver impactful initiatives that deliver immense customer value and business results
We are looking for someone who has:
- Creativity. We're radically changing how people interact with and feel about their finances. This means thinking about problems in a different way, and we encourage PMs from all backgrounds to apply.
- Managed product managers
- Experience building both new products (0→1) as well as track record of shipping continuous product improvements to an existing product portfolio, ideally for a consumer-facing mobile app
- Energy and drive to ensure that your product is successful and has an impact. People would describe you as a force of nature who cares about their team
Why should I apply?
- We have a clear Product Manager career growth framework so you’ll understand from day 1 how to develop your career and improve your skills at Cleo
- You’ll be joining an open and collaborative team where you’ll be heard and get to make a difference
- You’ll have the opportunity to help shape our product practices and culture
- And to have an impact outside of your squad, working with other PMs in your tribe to define strategy and set Cleo up for success
- We’re at an exciting time in our growth, having doubled in size over the last 6 months, and we need strong PMs to come into the business to unlock our next stage of growth
How long will the process take?
We aim to move as fast as possible. Usually 2-3 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other.
- Step 1: Quick phone call with a member of our Talent Team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- Step 2: 45 minutes with the Hiring Manager
- Step 3: Live product case study interview, which will then be presented to one of our Product Leads and Lead Product Designers
- Step 4: 45 minutes with cross-functional peers from two members of design, data, engineering, and commercial
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with reviews every 4 months. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work
Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 6% employer-matched pension
- Performance reviews every 6 months,
- Generous pay increases for high performers
- Discretionary cash bonuses for high-growth team members
- Equity top ups for team members getting promoted
- Private Medical Insurance via Vitality, dental cover, and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK. Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact.