Collabora is looking for remote GStreamer Developer to join its Multimedia team.
Are you a passionate and enthusiastic about GStreamer ? Are you part of the community or do you wish you could contribute more ?
Are you striving for technical excellence and seeking for opportunities to learn and develop?
Are you looking for a flexible remote work opportunity that stretches your abilities?
This job opportunity might be for you!
What you can expect to work on?
First and foremost, as a consultant, you will be helping our customers on a wide variety of projects and products across various market segments. Here are few examples of recent projects we have worked on:
- We developed a build system to tailor/size GStreamer for a specific application (minimizing memory footprint and usage)
- We built a desktop sharing system using GStreamer and WebRTC
- As part of our project to have upstream Linux support for all hardware codecs, we built the GStreamer support for V4L2 codecs, more recently adding support for stateless hardware codecs.
- Understanding of software and programming concepts, including C and GObject
- Strong knowledge of the GStreamer multimedia framework, in particular, the development of plugins, element and complex dynamic pipelines.
- Knowledge of other related multimedia technologies (codecs, containers, streaming protocols)
Great to Haves
- Knowledge of open source development methodologies and good standing in the open source community is a big plus
- Contributions to the GStreamer project or related projects
- Experience working with Linux embedded systems
Desired Personal Skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good English proficiency (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work in an online distributed environment
Who are we?
Our raison d’être is to accelerate the adoption of Open Source technologies, methodologies & philosophy. We strive towards this goal by providing consulting services specialized in bringing companies and the Open Source community together. Being part of the Open Source community, we believe in a world of shared knowledge and collaboration for the advancement of humanity and we are always enthusiastic about sharing, teaching and learning with everyone around us.
Our highly technical and talented team, distributed across 25+ geographies all over the world, brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, linux kernel, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box / smart TV, and a range of other specialized embedded applications (low-latency audio/video, audio/video streaming solutions, audio/video editing...).