Job Title: Head of Data Operations
Division: Agilisys, Data & Decisions team (ADD)
Reports to: Head of Architecture and Engineering
Location: White City, London
Grade: Principal Consultant
Agilisys helps public sector partners improve their services through digital innovation; supporting clients to transform their services through data and technology. We deliver cutting-edge advisory, technical and analytical services to organisations across the health and public sectors. We are committed to improving citizen outcomes e.g., reducing waiting lists and improving ambulance response times.
Agilisys is owned by Blenheim Chalcot (BC), a world leading digital venture builder that has been embedded at Agilisys from the start.
- Integrity - our people really care, going beyond the brief to make change happen for organisations and citizens
- Partnership - we become one team and family with organisations, helping them to navigate change and stay agile
- Innovation - we bring together the right technologies and services to design solutions that work
- Passion - we are passionate about - and dedicated to - public services and improving people’s lives
- Do you want to work with best in class data and analytics technologies to help our clients unlock their data potential and value?
- Do you want to work with our teams of expert technologists on innovative data projects?
- Do you want to work in an entrepreneurial environment?
We work with clients to enable them to derive value from data; embracing a ‘data first’ culture. The Head of Data Operations will drive our DataOps service across the health and social care sectors. This role will work alongside our team of data analysts and engineers, ensuring the efficient and effective operation of data management processes and systems. The Head of Data Operations will work with clients to understand their data requirements, make recommendations, and develop appropriate solutions whilst also working with internal teams to ensure data quality, accuracy, and security.
- Drive the DataOps service offering for our clients across the health and social care sectors, providing recommendations and strategic advice to aid the use of data across the organisation; prioritising data quality, accuracy, and security
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of data management processes and systems across all service offerings
- Provide expert advice to our clients on the data transformation, management and ingestion parts of the data lifecycle
- Designing and deploying complex data pipelines, workflows, architecture patterns along with culture and people whilst maintaining data ethics and master data management
- Creating roadmaps to support transformation processes; demonstrating return on investment (ROI) for client to create wider buy-in across stakeholders to large-scale and long-term engagements
- Develop and maintain data management processes, policies, and procedures, ensuring that they are consistent with industry standards and best practices
- Identify opportunities to improve data management processes, and lead initiatives to drive data-driven decision-making
- Work closely with our internal teams to ensure that data management processes are aligned with project requirements
- Keep abreast of industry trends, standards and emerging technologies to ensure delivery teams are appropriately skilled and qualified to compete in the market and deliver effectively
- Input and provide quality assurance to the technical elements of bid responses
- Build relationships with our core data platform and data as a service partners
- Convene multi-disciplinary teams to design and develop best-in-class solutions
If you meet the requirements for this role and are a results-driven individual with a passion for data operations, then we would love to hear from you.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in data operations, preferably in a lead or management role
- Demonstrable deep knowledge of the Microsoft Azure technology stack as it relates to Data and Insight (Azure SQL VMs, SQL Managed Instances, Azure DB, Data Lakes, Azure Synapse and Power BI)
- Ability to lead on the appraisal of data designs as they relate to our client’s requirements for Data and Insight solutions, including Cloud, Hybrid-Cloud and On-Premise based solutions and specific components and services within them
- You’ll bring wide experience of the data ecosystem, including numerous data platforms e.g., Databricks; data modelling approaches; public cloud services including AWS and Azure; a deep knowledge and focus on security and privacy and their applications on data platform implementations; and OLTP and analytical warehouses
- You’ll be knowledgeable in the full product lifecycle from discovery to delivery and a champion for quality
- Experience working with operations and management-based services – IAAS and PAAS
- Experience of designing and overseeing service management models as they relate to data-as-a-service solutions and Service Descriptions
- Experience of working with structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Experience of implementing pipelines to support Machine Learning workloads
- Experience of working with government and public sector organisations, either directly or in a consulting/third party technology delivery capacity
- You enjoy being hands-on and are able to balance innovation and intellectual rigour with pragmatism
- Customer-centric mindset, with a focus on delivering business improvements through decisive actions
- SC cleared desirable
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
If you are a results-driven individual with a passion for delivering innovative technology solutions and have a strong track record, then we would love to hear from you.
This role will offer exposure to the right mix of challenges, within a culture that promotes continuous learning and development.
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers through the company’s “Perks at Work” scheme
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy more)
We thrive on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This role will work from our office (Scale Space, White City) – this is where Agilisys is co-located along with other Blenheim Chalcot portfolio companies.
Simply submit your CV and cover letter outlining why you would like to apply for this role.
We invest in our recruitment process to ensure we attract the very best talent. Individuals seeking employment at Agilisys must note that we see diversity as something that creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from all.