Altana provides the world’s only dynamic, intelligent map of the global supply chain - the Altana Atlas - using AI and machine learning models to connect with and learn from massive sets of public and private data. Through the Atlas, companies and governments can understand the distant origins of products well beyond their own direct suppliers; discover trading relationships and national security risks deep in their networks; measure labor and environmental impacts; identify related risks and opportunities; ensure effective compliance and enforcement with trade requirements; and collaborate to manage all of it.
We have built a fundamental understanding of how the world’s economy works, and the implications for global resiliency, sustainability and opportunity are enormous. Backed by leading investors and used by the world’s most important organizations (Maersk, US Customs and Border Protection, Merck, Boston Scientific, and more), Altana’s mission is to power a new era of globalization organized around trusted supply chain networks.
This is a lofty mission, and our success depends on building a diverse, global team and creating an environment in which they can thrive. We operate in accordance with our values: we focus on value creation, not capture; we foster diversity and embrace difference; we embrace reality; we get things done; we amaze our clients. When you join Altana, you’ll be joining a vibrant, collaborative team working together to solve complex problems with the potential for global societal impact.
The Opportunity at Altana
As we continue to scale our Logistics business we are seeking a dynamic and experienced Sales Engineer to join our team in London, UK.
As a Sales Engineer at Altana Technologies, you'll be at the forefront of our sales initiatives, playing a crucial role in translating technical jargon into practical value for our clients and partners. This role requires a perfect blend of technical acumen and interpersonal skills, as you will be tasked with presenting our innovative solutions to diverse audiences, ranging from technical contributors to executives.
You'll be working closely with various teams, including Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing, ensuring our solutions align with customer needs and market trends. You'll also contribute to the continuous improvement of our products and marketing strategies.
This position reports directly to the Director of Logistics and offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to our growing business.
- Conduct technical presentations of Altana’s solutions and future vision to executives and IT leaders at prospective customers.
- Provide pre-sales technical support and guidance, addressing customer inquiries, conducting product training, and resolving any technical issues.
- Develop and deliver high-quality proposals, technical documentation, and other sales-related materials to assist in the sales process.
- Assist in post-sales activities as needed, ensuring smooth customer onboarding and successful implementation of our solutions.
- 7-8 years of experience at a SaaS company, with at least 3 of those years spent in a pre-sales environment working directly with account executives on enterprise accounts..
- Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to both technical and executive audiences, whether it's an impromptu whiteboard discussion or a prepared presentation and demo.
- Broad experience with large-scale database and/or data warehouse technologies, ETL, analytics, and cloud technologies.
- Hands-on expertise with SQL and/or Python (intermediate level)
- The ability to correlate a customer’s specific business problems with Altana Technologies' solutions.
- A university degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related fields, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- You possess a passion for tackling complex challenges within global trade
- This role is based in the United Kingdom and candidates must be within commuting distance from our London office.
We are committed to providing competitive compensation for all roles at Altana. We carefully consider multiple factors when determining compensation, including your skills, experience, and location while balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. The target base salary range for the Logistics Sales Engineer role is 108,000GBP to 122,000GBP. All full-time employees receive a competitive new hire equity grant, and may be eligible for additional bonus compensation depending on role.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Altana, we believe that a diverse workforce enables greater creativity, performance, and adaptability. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome you to join us as you are. Our employment opportunities and decisions are based on business needs and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, family care or medical leave status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in the areas in which we operate. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, in any situation.
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.