Job title: Market & Liquidity Risk Analyst
Reports to: Head of Market Risk
This role is to directly support our Head of Market Risk. While the role will focus on Market and Liquidity risk, the structure of the company and the team will provide opportunities to delve into other risk types as well as holistically understand how our business functions. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate to be part of an exciting growth story.
- Ad-hoc projects (20%): Deep dives into portfolio positions, risk analysis of upcoming trades, development of additional liquidity and market risk management tools, assistance to other functions and any other ad-hoc tasks.
- Stress testing (15%): To complement probabilistic measures, scenario analysis and stress testing are fundamental risk analysis tools. The applicant is expected to contribute to development of new and running of existing stress tests and scenarios and analysing the output. This includes reviewing market and liquidity stress calibrations.
- Capital Modelling (15%): Knowing how required capital is calculated under Solvency II is key to understanding risks in the portfolio. The applicant will assist with market risk capital model development and deployment over time, including ongoing model maintenance and suitability monitoring.
- Reporting (15%): Generating daily, weekly and monthly reports and information packs and understanding the numbers and change drivers are an essential part of any risk manager’s job.
- Policy & Other Documents (10%): Having well documented processes and procedures is important for smooth running of the function. The applicant will contribute to this effort along with all other colleagues.
- Representing the function (10%): formally in working groups and committees and informally to colleagues communicate the function’s position.
- Research (10%): Market risk analyst is expected to stay on top of market news and developments via research, self-study and networking.
- Limit Setting & Monitoring (5%): Converting the firm’s risk appetite into concrete limits and then monitoring those limits, alerting risk-takers and senior risk colleagues to breaches or high utilisations.
Skills & Experience:
- BSc in a numerate discipline (e.g. STEM, Finance, Economics).
- 3-5 years relevant experience in financial services, either Buy or Sell-side.
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for the job and the financial markets.
- Inquisitive, able to learn on one’s own and absorb new information quickly.
- Both numerate and able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Experience with Fixed Income instruments
- Capital and/or Liquidity modelling experience
- CFA (or another professional designation) or demonstrable progress towards one
- Demonstrable interest in computer programming (Excel VBA, R, Matlab, Python, Java, C++)
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation – Be a self-starter; successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients and service providers, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork – Demonstrate evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties, but to describe a position level. The role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Rothesay has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associated with the role.
Rothesay actively promotes diversity and inclusivity. We know that our success depends on our people and that by nurturing a culture that values difference, we create a stronger, more dynamic business. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age