Role Description: Senior Analytics Consultant
Location: Remote/ London, United Kingdom
Division: Data & Decisions
Reports into: Head of Data Analytics
Grade: Senior Consultant
The way we work reflects the values at the heart of our business:
Partnership, we become one team and family with organisations, helping them to navigate change and stay agile.
Integrity, our people really care, going beyond the brief to make change happen for organisations and citizens.
Innovation, we bring together the right technologies and services to design solutions that work.
Passion, we are passionate about — and dedicated to — public services and improving people’s lives.
Agilisys are the technology and transformation partner for the public sector. For over 20 years, we’ve delivered technology and data services to healthcare, local government, and organisations throughout the public sector, making a difference to millions of lives. Our job is to help public services save money and operate more efficiently, and our success relies on the diverse talents of the people who work here.
We are looking for both aspiring and experienced Senior Consultants to join our Data & Insights practice. Whether you come from consulting, or have experience in the public sector, this is an exciting opportunity for a hard-working and proactive individual to further their career while doing truly impactful work.
Technical skills are important at this level, but you’ll have opportunities for structured and hands-on training to grow your understanding of data. We are looking for someone who can really get to the heart of our client’s issues. As a Data Strategy & Insights Senior Consultant, you will sit at the centre of the practice, working directly with clients to understand their requirements, design bespoke tools and strategies, and implement transformational change in how they use their data. Your experience will help us to grow our practice and help your colleagues develop their own careers. So, if you have an interest in data, a passion for problem-solving and a desire to deliver better outcomes for the public sector, this is the place for you.
Our projects are many and varied, so below we have included a range of responsibilities and attributes that will make someone successful in this role. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, regardless of whether you can tick every box here.
- Take a lead role in projects to engage with senior stakeholders, define requirements, design solutions, and lead a team to deliver on the outcomes agreed with the client.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data platform infrastructure needs.
- Develop deep expertise in typical client data-related activities such as statutory returns, subject access requests and the use of standard reporting suites, using your knowledge to structure plans and solutions for our clients.
- Analyse the quality of data, establishing rules to determine and improve it, and planning, delivering and overseeing cleansing activities as required.
- Plan and undertake quantitative research to baseline, track and evaluate services and the impact of proposed and actual change.
- Produce briefing notes, reports and other written outputs relating to the content, structure and quality of data.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple cloud regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data platform.
- Consulting with management and relevant stakeholders to define goals.
- Researching, developing, and implementing data-gathering methods.
- Analysing and synthesizing data sets
- Developing new visualisation solutions to meet client requirements
- Reporting back on your findings and suggesting solutions.
- Collaborating with co-workers and management to implement improvements.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of implemented strategies.
- Extensive experience working with statistics, data analysis or related field.
- Proven experience with Visualisations and Reporting – Power BI, Qlik Sense
- Proven experience with querying for data analysis.
- Strong understanding of data sources ranging from Excel spreadsheets to relational databases.
- Advance working with public sector data sets.
- Experience of managing the delivery of an analytical product or service from discovery, design and implementation
- Experience building Power BI, Excel dashboards and reports
- Strong analytical skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- T-SQL querying experience
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Mentoring junior members of staff - Delivering high-quality content at pace. Translating complex strategies into tangible actions.
- Direct line management of junior colleagues will be required, and experience of this will be advantageous.
- Building trust with clients
- A good understanding and experience of our clients’ markets and challenges
- A passion for achieving business transformation; the ability to energise and excite those you work with Initiative; the ability to work flexibly in a team, working comfortably without direct supervision
- Articulate and clear in communications to mixed audiences- in writing, through presentations and one to one
- Personal accountability - enthusiasm to develop your own projects and take ownership
- Calm and adaptable in the face of ambiguity and in a fast-paced, quick-changing environment