At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. If you want to hear from some of our Accufolk about what it's like to work for us, take a look at a video from our 2022 summer conference!
Life as a Senior Backend Engineer at Accurx
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (.NET) to join us and help shape the future of our product.
Working closely with our CTO and VP of Engineering, you will pioneer development and be relied upon as one of our greatest technical experts. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll scale and innovate our product like never before, as well as build brand new solutions. You'll also play a key role in driving technical product choices as part of a cross functional team.
To best service healthcare practices and build a scalable solution that will be used in every GP practice, hospital and care home in the UK we currently work with C# (.net core), Kubernetes, SQL, React, ES6, TypeScript and Redux (check out our full tech stack here). However, we are constantly learning, iterating and improving. As we continue to grow at a phenomenal rate, who knows what tech stack we will be working with soon - and you could be the person to show us!
What’s unique about engineering at Accurx?
Every day you’ll be applying the “product engineer” mindset. This means being close to users and their needs (e.g. getting involved in user research by joining sessions with patients and their healthcare teams), helping decide what we build (e.g. collaborating on design and specifications), building with a focus on the end goal and being responsible for continuous improvement to the live services you have shipped.
What the team say ...
"Working as an Senior Engineer at Accurx is really rewarding! Developers are encouraged to work closely with user researchers and product managers to understand what our users want, which helps shape the products we build. We receive regular feedback on code changes and how they’ve impacted our users, which is hugely motivating. Outside of writing code, my time is spent monitoring our product and working on any related bugs or incidents. As well as, focusing on supporting and mentoring other engineers, being involved in hiring processes and planning upcoming work with the rest of the product team." - Emma Machin, Senior Product Engineer
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You have proven consistent success as a Senior Backend Engineer / Product Engineer
- We work with C# (.Net core), so ideally you will have experience in C#, C++ or Java. It's ok if you don't as long as you are willing to learn!
- You have experience working in a highly user-centric business, in a multidisciplinary team, where you are used to collaborating closely with other engineers as well as product, UX and design, to deliver value to users.
- Although not essential it would be great if you had worked in a growing start up.
- You're mission-driven: you care about positively impacting the lives of millions.
- You’re always collaborating: you place team success over personal success and you enjoy working in an open, collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate responsible ownership: when you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You seek continuous improvement: you’re always developing new skills and insights, while exploring ways to do things better
- You’re mindful of balance: you're conscious of your own health and that of others. You think carefully about how best to focus your efforts, knowing when to push yourself to reach a goal.
Salary and benefits package
- £75,000 - £105,000 salary + the value of £50,750 share options (see our public progression framework and salary bandings)
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our employee handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.