At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. 💚
Who are Accurx? 🤔
We’re a fast-growing healthcare technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. If you want to hear from some of our Accufolk about what it's like to work for us, take a look at a video from our 2023 summer conference!🤩
Life as a Freelance Social Media Manager at Accurx
We're currently looking for a Freelance Social Media Manager with a passion for healthcare. As a company, we want to drive awareness and trust amongst our key audiences of NHS buyers and users, policymakers and talent, and see social media as a vital way to do this.
This is a remote, freelance position, requiring two days a week of commitment for the next three months minimum, but could be extended. You will work closely with the Marketing team at Accurx, reporting directly into the Communications Lead.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
Content creation: Create, edit and schedule high-quality, relevant and engaging social media content for Accurx’s LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook page and Facebook community group of GPs. The content should align with Accurx’s goals, tone of voice and reflect the unique audience of each channel. Content would predominantly consist of either promoting our content e.g. blogs, events and media coverage (~70% of the focus) and commenting on current events within the NHS and health landscape (~30%). Content should seek to grow Accurx’s following on each channel and keep existing followers engaged. Sprout, the social media management platform, would be used to schedule content.
Profile management: Draft content for the LinkedIn and Twitter profiles of two senior spokespeople at Accurx - the CEO and co-founder, and the VP of Clinical. Ensure they are engaging with Accurx channel content at least once a week.
Social media monitoring: Monitor social channels for mentions, comments and messages, and flag relevant ones to the Communications Lead in order to respond (or decide not to respond) in a timely manner. Ensure any potential issues are reported instantly.
What the team say...
"Accurx's social channels serve a diverse range of audiences, which makes for an exciting challenge. From senior NHS stakeholders across different care settings, to our community of users to health policymakers, we're looking for someone who is ready to use their experience and take the reigns on growing our channels with engaging content" Georgia, Communications Lead
We'd really like to hear from you, if...
- Proven experience in social media management and content creation
- Experience within a health or science industry or understanding of the NHS is essential
- Proven record of managing and growing social media accounts
- Experience in using social listening, social media & content management and analytics tools (Sprout experience ideal)
- A strong writer of social media copy and a good storyteller, able to understand the requirements of different audiences, objectives, and channels and adapt your style accordingly
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Basic graphic design skills and knowledge of photo and video editing tools is a plus
- Fluent in written English - you’ll need to be able to read, write, and understand the nuances of the English language and adapt your work to the audience and objective
- You're mission-driven: you care about positively impacting the lives of millions
- You’re always collaborating: you place team success over personal success and you enjoy working in an open, collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate responsible ownership: when you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You seek continuous improvement: you’re always developing new skills and insights, while exploring ways to do things better
- You’re mindful of balance: you're conscious of your own health and that of others. You think carefully about how best to focus your efforts, knowing when to push yourself to reach a goal.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality. 🏳🌈
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers. 🙌
Remote Working? 🏡
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply? 📖
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.