We’re quite proud of our achievements…
300M+ downloads, 55M+ monthly users, #1 by installs in the iOS Health category, 4.9 stars on the App Store (3M+ reviews), backed by 7 VCs, annual revenue at 9 figures, and a valuation close to $1B.
…and we’re just getting started.
We’re Flo Health, a rapidly growing, Series B funded HealthTech building the essential digital health partner of tomorrow to empower women, girls, and people who menstruate with the knowledge and support they need to stay well and live better.
And there's never been a more exciting time to join us.
Our cycle, ovulation and pregnancy tracking, educational content and anonymised community platform have been trusted for years by millions to help them feel more in control of their health every day.
Now though, we’re harnessing the power of data analytics and AI to build a smarter future, one where we all know our bodies better - we’re set to become the world’s favourite female health brand.
Big plans, right?
They absolutely are - that’s why we’re hiring.
The needs of the user is everything to us, and how those needs are served falls under our Product teams.
- Writing, commissioning and editing women’s health content. You should know the difference between an epidemiological study and double-blind placebo-controlled trial, be able to spot a dud medical fact a mile off, and have a knack for turning jargon-packed medical info into engaging, easy-to-understand content.
- A strong foundation in content analytics. You should know how to use data insights to inform your content ideas, and should understand how to review the performance of what you create – and plan improvements.
- Working towards business goals. You should be comfortable and competent at pitching content ideas that align with, and deliver on, the company’s quarterly objectives.
- Project management. You should be confident in managing complex content projects end-to-end, and mentoring others to do the same. You’d be working with a variety of stakeholders to bring content to life from ideation to release in the app. You should be comfortable keeping tabs on a variety of projects at once, ensuring all reviews/sign-offs are complete before pushing content live.
- A flexible working style. Just as happy juggling lots of diverse, smaller tasks as being dedicated to one project for a whole quarter. You’re as game to audit and improve/repackage old content, as to create new.
- A collaborative approach. You’d be working closely with a range of different disciplines including product managers, analysts, designers, medical advisors, and UX researchers. You should be open to learning from them – as well as sharing your skills/knowledge – to create the best product together.
- A growth mindset. Willing to give and receive constructive feedback – and act on it. You should be open to spotting gaps in your knowledge and skills and be excited to close them, with support.
- Proactivity. You should be eager to deputize for your manager when needed in meetings, presentations, and so on. You’ll also be expected to spot opportunities for content or process improvements, pitching them with clear rationale, and helping to get them up and running.
- An active, enthusiastic contributor to ideation sessions. Buzzing with fresh ideas for content formats or angles on our core topics.
Nice to have:
- Having worked on content in a product company, especially an app. You have a strong understanding of the difference between app content and other mediums (e.g. websites, magazines etc).
- Experience working in a company that uses Agile methodology.
- Having worked in a start-up environment.
- Experience using Looker, Jira, Figma, Miro, and/or Contentful.
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for:
- Creating release-ready content that passes our editorial, medical, and legal checks and delivers on our users’ needs, and helping more junior editors do the same.
- Generating ideas for new content – including fresh angles and formats – using data and insights to give a clear rationale for them.
- Checking the performance/business impact of the content you create and suggesting and planning improvements.
- Presenting your work and learnings to the wider team/other teams.
- Running ideation sessions and workshops, where appropriate, to knowledge/skill share with other content creators. Plus actively participating in other team meetings.
- Developing a first-class roster of freelance content creators who are excellent at what they do and really ‘get’ Flo's mission.
What you won’t be doing:
- Creating content (purely) driven by the news agenda.
- Creating deep think pieces, investigative journalism, or trend reports – our content tends to be shorter, and have clear actionable takeaways for users.
- Creating general health/lifestyle content – all our content ties back to our users’ menstrual/reproductive health.
- Having total autonomy to create and execute content plans in isolation. All of our work is a team effort, involving input from everyone from product managers to medical advisors.
- Being left to fend for yourself if a deadline is going off course or we’re not set to hit a target – we win/lose as a team and we always work together to share workload and responsibility.
Your targets will be:
- Contribute to hitting metrics targets with your team, for e.g. trials, content engagement, and retention.
- Efficiently and effectively follow all content production processes and suggest improvements.
- Foster a positive, honest, curious and collaborative environment within the team
People perform better when they’re happy, paid well, looked after and supported.
That’s just a fact.On top of competitive salaries, Flo's employees have access to:
- A fully flexible working environment wherever you’re at your best: at home, in our offices, or a mix-and-match of both
- Company equity grants through Flo’s Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP)
- Paid holiday and sick leave
- Fully paid female health and sick leave, in addition to holiday and regular sick leave
- Workations - an opportunity to work abroad for two months a year
- Six months paid maternity Leave, and one months paid paternity Leave (subject to qualifying conditions) inclusive of same-sex and adoptive parents
- Career growth, progression, and learning development resources
- Annual salary reviews
- Unlimited free premium Flo subscriptions
- A whole host of other benefits (health/pension/social schemes)
It’s pretty hard to condense a culture down to a few words, but we do all have a few things in common.
We’re problem solvers, we’re adaptable, we’re empathy driven and results led.
People here like working in a fast-paced, multi-national, multi-cultural and ever changing environment. Everyone has an impact on a powerful mission, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to ideate solutions and put them in place. Being part of a rapidly growing business means that the answers aren’t always there for us already, but that’s okay; it’s part of the excitement!
If this resonates, we might be the right place for you.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.