We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
People come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we fight for the world’s financial health, building a beloved AI that empowers people to make better financial decisions.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 5 million people. We’re already helping people spend better, avoid overdraft fees and build their credit score and this is just the beginning.
As we enter the next phase, we’re looking for more improvisers, data geeks and grown ups who want to own their work and create meaningful change.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join us on our mission to fight for the world's financial health. You’ll be leading a team of adaptable, creative and product-focused engineers and product designers who ship working software quickly. We understand our customers, we understand their pain, and we are passionate about helping them.
Life as a Senior Product Manager at Cleo
- Lead a cross-functional team to improve upon and ensure the reliable, secure, and smooth operation of Cleo's existing payments services.
- Perform industry and technical research to identify opportunities for improvement and contribute to the technical strategy of our payments systems.
- Develop and implement new payment methods, working with Analytics, Engineering and Data Science leads.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to improve accounting, reconciliation, and reporting.
- Develop a compelling strategy and roadmap for the Payments team that aligns with Cleo's overarching mission.
- Work closely with Engineering, Analysts and Data Science teams to monitor and measure the user impact and technical performance of our work.
- Foster relationships with third-party partners to maximize services and benefits and help resolve integration issues and service outages.
- Write clear and compelling product briefs and specifications.
- Lead the planning, scoping, and prioritization of the backlog and organize the team's workload.
- Optimize and document team processes, ceremonies, and systems.
- 3+ years of experience working in product
- Payments domain expertise, such as familiarity with some of the follwing: payments APIs, credit card and billing systems, ACH, transaction processing pipelines, security, and compliance.
- Ability to conduct quantitative investigations using SQL or similar tools.
- Experience driving priorities and collaboration cross-functionally.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with your product squad and involve them in strategy and decision-making.
If you are a hands-on Technical Product Manager who brings energy and drive to ensure product success and wants to contribute to a radically changing financial industry, we encourage you to apply
How long will the process take?
We aim to move as fast as possible, usually 2-3 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other
- Step 1: 30 min phone call with a member of our Talent team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- Step 2: 45 min initial interview with one of our Product Leads
- Step 3: 1 hour live product case study interview with our Head of Payments & Fraud and a Senior Product Man
- Step 4: Final stage interview to meet some of the wider team in Engineering and Data Science
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with biannual performance reviews. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionappu.com/teams/product-pi6vvgfyemvv - this position is PM4 level
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work.
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. If you live in London we have a hybrid approach, we encourage you to spend one day a week or more in our beautiful office but this is fully flexible. If you’re 2+ hours outside of London, we’ll encourage you to spend a couple of days with us in-person a few times per year - and we’ll cover your travel costs, naturally.
- Other benefits;
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 2 months paid sabbatical after every 4 years at Cleo
- 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Personal Healthcare
- Online courses & internal training to level up your skills
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your Open AI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!