At Cerebral, we're on a mission to democratize access to high-quality mental health care for all. We believe that everyone everywhere deserves to get the care they need, and are striving to make care convenient and accessible, while tackling the stigmas that surround mental illness.
Since launching in January of 2020, Cerebral has scaled to provide mental health services to more than 700,000 people in all fifty US states. With support from investors like SoftBank, Silver Lake, Access Industries, Bill Ackman, WestCap, and others, and impactful leaders like you, we’ll continue to democratize mental health care and double down on clinical quality and deliver exceptional client outcomes for years to come. With a heavy focus on clinical quality and safety in all that we do, we’ve accomplished excellent outcomes for hundreds of thousands of clients:
- 82% of clients report an improvement in their anxiety symptoms after using Cerebral.
- 75% of clients who report improvement in their depression see improvement within 60 days.
- 50% of clients who initially report suicidal ideation no longer harbor suicidal thoughts after treatment with Cerebral.
This is just the beginning for Cerebral, and we won’t stop building, growing, and iterating until everyone, everywhere can access high-quality, evidence-based mental health care without high costs and/or long wait times. We’re looking for mission-driven leaders who share these values, and we need your help as we transform access to high-quality mental health care in the United States and beyond.
UK Therapist - Child, young person and/or Adult
At Cerebral, we’re on a mission to improve access to long-term, high-quality mental health care for all. We believe that everyone everywhere deserves to get the support that they need. We’re doing this by using technology to make mental care convenient and accessible, and by tackling the stigma that still surrounds mental illness.
We are proud to be an award-winning partner to the NHS. Our Sandbox service for Children and Young People provides rapid access to support, free at the point of use for NHS patients. The Sandbox is expanding across the UK and you will play a key role in integrating this offering into NHS frontline services in new regions.
We’re one of the world’s fastest growing healthcare companies, and we’ve kept an innovative startup culture, always trying to put ourselves in our patient’s shoes, and to put their needs first. But it's just the beginning for Cerebral, and we need your help as we transform how mental health care is delivered.
For more information? Watch this video to see what NHS Commissioners have to say about our service: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8D8Qy3wxhw
About the Role:
We’re seeking UK qualified mental health therapists to work with a diverse and interesting range of children and young people, from school age to 25 years old. You will see clients online via video link as part of our award winning NHS Sandbox service for low to medium acuity patients.
You will be comfortable using our award winning technology platform and mobile app, working alongside an integrated Cerebral care team to deliver high quality therapy sessions via online video calls. Clients are typically seen for eight to twelve 45 minute sessions, and you’ll be able to set fun and engaging online “homework” between sessions, using our fantastic iCBT course.
As a result of this model, our young people improve by an average of 48% using evidence-based assessment techniques - meaning your work will have a huge positive impact on their lives.
One of the best things about being a Cerebral therapist is our Care Coordination team. Outside of your sessions, they’ll interact with your clients by text and work with your to help your patients achieve their goals. They’ll also be by your side during the rare event of escalations such as referrals out of our service or safeguarding situations.
You will be able to work from the comfort of your own home, with flexibility over your working hours and minimal administrative workload. We’ll provide excellent earning potential without the need to market yourself as a private therapist.
To best match the lives of our young person’s patients, it’s important that you can offer good availability during the following hours:
- Weekdays: 4pm - 7pm
- Weekends: anytime
This doesn’t have to be every day of the week, and we encourage our patients to have the same time slot every week to help them remember and make consistent progress.
Does the following apply to you?
- You are passionate about increasing access to quality mental health care
- You want to make a positive impact on young people’s lives
- You have an interest in digital innovation and are excited by the idea of working for a “gamechanging” digital healthcare business
- You are comfortable working in a telemedicine environment and navigating multiple systems as you document notes
- Hold a current registration and/or accreditation with one of the following professional bodies:
- Accredited BABCP (membership only is not sufficient)
- Children’s Wellbeing Practitioners (CWPs)
- Education Mental Health Practitioners (EMHPs)
- BACP (we have a strong preference for individuals who have registered or accredited membership, however, we will consider individuals with an individual membership working towards a registered membership on a case-by-case basis)
- HCPC Psychologists
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Have at least one year of experience providing CBT for either the NHS or in private practice
- Have a valid DBS check
- Proficiency using a computer and appetite & ability to learn how to use our class-leading software platform to deliver fully integrated care
- Passion for our mission of improving access to high-quality mental health care
- A laptop, good wifi, and a quiet, professional space at home to join calls
What we offer
- Excellent pay - depending on your qualifications between £35 - £50 per hour, PLUS paid time for training, team meetings and missed appointments (we’ll confirm the applicable rate before interview)
- Flexible hours – choose when and how much you would like to work
- Fully home-based - work from the comfort of your own home
- Fantastic care coordination support to help you manage your patients
- Rapidly build a full schedule, without any self-marketing
- We use technology to keep note-writing and admin to a minimum - so you can focus on your patients
- Work under our liability insurance policy
- Opportunities for personal and professional development as a mental healthcare professional
Who we are (our company values):
- Client-first Focus - relentless focus on advancing the quality of care, clinical experience, and patient safety
- Ethics & Integrity - do what is right and demonstrate ethical principles, even when no one is watching
- Commitment - accountable for fully delivering on commitments to our clients and each other
- Impact & Quality - make a positive impact and deliver high quality outcomes, based on data and evidence
- Empathy - act compassionately, listen to seek understanding, and cultivate psychological safety with clients and colleagues
- Collaboration - achieve our goals together as a united team, strengthened by mutual openness, trust, and diversity of thought
- Thoughtful Innovation - continuously evolve our ability to deliver on our mission, prioritizing long-term, strategic bets over short-term gains
Cerebral is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
Cerebral, Inc. is a management services organization that provides health information technology, information management system, and non-clinical administrative support services for various medical practices, including Cerebral Medical Group, PA and its affiliated practices (CMG), who are solely responsible for providing and overseeing all clinical matters. Cerebral, Inc. does not provide healthcare services, employ any healthcare provider, own any medical practice (including CMG), or control or attempt to control any provider or the provision of any healthcare service. “Cerebral” is the brand name commonly used by Cerebral, Inc. and CMG.