At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious mission: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 78 million registered users and 189,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already saved over 224 million meals from going to waste - avoiding almost 560,000 tonnes of CO2e!
Too Good To Go was named in FastCompany’s March 2022 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, and was honoured to be included in TIME’s list of the 100 Most Influential Companies of 2022.
We’re looking for an exceptional VP of Operations - New Business to join our superstar team at Too Good To Go in London, Amsterdam or Copenhagen.
Our recently launched “Magic Parcel” (Manufacturing) business is a transformative solution that enables food manufacturers to effectively reduce food waste while extracting value from surplus food. Through direct purchasing from food manufacturers, Too Good To Go carefully curates and assembles the purchased products into “Magic Parcels”, which are then offered to our users at a discount of ~50% off of original retail (including shipping costs). Sold through our existing B2C marketplace, consumers can opt to have their parcel conveniently delivered to their doorstep or pick it up from a nearby location, creating a surprise element as consumers unbox their Magic Parcel. Instead of allowing these products to go to waste, manufacturers significantly decrease their environmental impact, optimise their revenue by maximising the value of saved food, and enhance product visibility in the market. This role will report to our Chief Operating Officer.
We are looking for an experienced leader with an entrepreneurial, operational and strategic mindset to execute the strategy for our "Magic Parcel" (Manufacturing) business. As the owner of the P&L, you will be responsible for driving revenue growth and achieving EBITDA targets while overseeing day-to-day operations for a team including buying & procurement, supply planning, distribution and logistics. You will also collaborate with Finance, Marketing and Legal to drive the business and work closely with the Product and Tech teams to define the product roadmap and ensure that we provide an exceptional customer and partner experience. Building strong relationships with food manufacturers, you will actively engage in sales discussions to form strategic partnerships and expand our supply network. Leading a high-performing team, you will foster innovation, collaboration, and accountability while creating an inclusive environment aligned with our company values.
- Scale-up an early stage, post product market fit business model, setting and executing the vision, mission, and strategy for the “Magic Parcel” (Manufacturing) business in line with the overall company strategy.
- Own the P&L for the “Magic Parcel” business, assuming full accountability for driving revenue growth and achieving bottom-line EBITDA targets.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the “Magic Parcel” business, driving operational efficiency, scalability, and delivery of financial targets.
- Develop and nurture relationships with food manufacturers, actively participating in sales and commercial discussions to drive strategic partnerships and maximise opportunities to build our overall supply.
- Oversee all food procurement, buying, supply planning, logistics & distribution activities for the business, ensuring efficient and cost-effective sourcing that deliver “Magic Parcels” that meet our customer experience standards
- Continuously monitor and understand market trends, customer needs and the competitive landscape in food manufacturing; evolve and adapt our strategy to reflect this constantly evolving environment.
- Collaborate closely with the Product and Technology teams to define the product roadmap, leveraging customer insights, manufacturer feedback, and data-driven insights to build a best in class experience.
- Build and lead a high-performing team, attracting top talent, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and accountability, while providing mentorship and guidance for their professional development.
- Present regular updates and reports to the Global Management Team & Board of Directors, effectively communicating progress, challenges, and strategic recommendations.
- Foster a positive and inclusive environment that values diversity, teamwork, and accountability and is aligned with our overall company values
- Act as the primary spokesperson and advocate for the “Magic Parcel” business line, representing the brand to external stakeholders, investors, and the public.
- Extensive experience in operating/general management roles, with a proven track record of building and scaling a new business as a stand alone or within a larger organisation.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a bias for action and ability to thrive in ambiguity.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make tough calls in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills, with the ability to evaluate and hire top talent, motivate and develop high-performing teams.
- Strong commercial mindset and financial acumen with experience owning the P&L, driving financial growth, and achieving bottom-line EBITDA targets.
- Demonstrated experience in developing relationships with manufacturers and actively participating in sales and commercial discussions.
- Proven understanding and experience with procurement, buying, and supply planning, with a focus on optimising efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- In-depth understanding of the competitive landscape and key manufacturing trends impacting the business model.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with product and technology teams to drive the product roadmap based on customer insights and team needs.
- Experience with working in a global matrix organisation will be an advantage
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role.
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,200+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care.
- WORK FLEXIBLY:
- Enjoy hybrid working from our great offices, at home or abroad.
- Extra parental leave and days off beyond local legislation and the option to take an extra week of unpaid leave
- Health insurance and pension plans (subject to country of employment).
- Additional days off for significant life events
- CELEBRATE & SOCIALISE
- Regular social events like summer and winter parties.
- Coffee, snacks and fully-equipped kitchens.
- Get to know our community with a monthly free Surprise Bag
- Paid volunteer time through our Shareback volunteering programme
- Women in the Workplace, P.R.I.D.E., People of Colour and Functionally Diverse Employee Resource Groups
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.