Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Applications are now closed
Who are we?
We’re Teach Your Monster. We make high quality educational apps for kids. Our flagship product is Teach Your Monster to Read: a multiple BAFTA award-nominated educational app, one of the world’s leading literacy products played by over 2 million children every month. We have recently launched new apps and games for kids aged 4 and upwards, both in reading and number skills and we are also developing games in other areas of learning and development.
We’re looking to grow our pool of animators within Teach Your Monster that may be able to help us on current and future projects. If you feel you meet any of the criteria below we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for animators who are:
Skills we are looking for from you:
If you don’t have mastery in any of the above, but you do have the basic knowledge and you have the motivation to learn quickly, then please get in touch — we’re a small team, so energetic and agile team members work well with us.
Please include a link to your animation and / or rigging real.
Minimum Technical Requirements needed from you:
Experience we are looking for:
Work we’re looking to cover could be as short as a few days to a few weeks. Our main aim with this process is to have a trusted pool of freelancers we can call on as need arises.
Teach Your Monster is a remote working company though we ideally are looking for UK or similar time zones to aid remote working.
Apply because you want to:
- Make a difference to children’s lives - we are run like a games studio or a startup, but our focus is on impact not profit
- Work flexibly - many of us are remote and part-time and we are family-friendly, allowing work days to be structured around family commitments
- Work with a diverse team on a challenge that will positively impact children and families all over the world.
- Surround yourself with smart, curious, and action-oriented people with opportunities to learn every single day.
- Be part of our culture of openness, candid communications, a learning mindset and respect for each other
- Take on responsibility, try new things and grow your skills in a purpose-driven environment
- Be autonomous, we want you to work in the way that you feel will bring the best results
More about Teach Your Monster
We’re part of The Usborne Foundation — a charity set up by Peter Usborne of Usborne Publishing to support early years learning. We’re helping more than two million children every month to discover a love of learning.
With the help of friendly monsters, playful design and out-of-this-world storytelling, we create beautifully crafted games kids love to play.
Our first product was Teach Your Monster to Read: a multiple BAFTA award-nominated educational app, one of the world’s leading literacy products played by over 2 million children every month.
We’ve recently launched Reading For Fun, an educational game designed to get kids reading more, boost their confidence and inspire a lifelong love of reading and Number Skills, our newest game which is all about boosting kids' confidence with numbers and making maths practice fun.
Please note this role will be mainly remote, working in UK time-zone, with the possibility to work face to face with our team in London occasionally if required.
How to apply
Please send a short cover letter and a CV and a link to your animation and / or rigging real. If we’d like to know more and have a chat with you, we'll be in touch
We are keen to encourage applications from all backgrounds, experiences and cultures. We support equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. Discrimination has no place in our organisation.
We like to work directly with our team members, so are not interested in hearing from recruiters or agencies.
Applications are now closed