Who we are:
- Sustain.Life is a high-energy, early-stage, VC-backed Climate Tech start-up. We focus on providing ESG solutions to our customers to support their ambitions in addressing the most challenging questions of our time. Our sustainability platform specializes in B2B solutions for corporate sustainability efforts, offering innovative technology solutions and industry experience to support business targets, personal goals and a vision of a sustainable future for everybody on the planet.
- We are on a mission to create best-in-class software that changes the world, and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us and help us grow. We are building a team that will help our users launch sustainability programs, benchmark their ESG performance, measure carbon emissions, set meaningful goals, execute reduction strategies, and ultimately share their progress with key stakeholders.
- We are a Certified B Corporation which is a private certification of for-profit companies that have met high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency, and we were Pitch Finalists in the 2022 SXSW Social and Culture category.
- We are a fully remote workforce collaborating across US, UK, Ireland and a growing list of other countries. We have an incredible team of world-class experts, designers and technologists developing our platform, and at Sustain.Life, we take our mission seriously. In 2022, our entire carbon footprint was 522.78 MT CO2e, which we offset through high-quality verified projects.
We are looking for a Business Development Executive to support our market expansion efforts in the UK/Ireland region. This role will be responsible for new customer acquisition, as well as developing strategic partnerships to accelerate Sustain.Life's commercial growth. You will help us grow our customer base meaningfully through both direct and partner channels. We are a lean organization, searching for a candidate who is adept at selling solutions with a proven ability to win new business. This job has elements of strategy, relationship development, project management and execution.
The ideal candidate will draw upon creativity, problem-solving skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
As a Business Development Executive, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Generate and drive new business through prospecting and networking across specific cohorts and industries.
- Understand our product and product roadmap at a very detailed level to ensure its value can be communicated to potential customers.
- Work with our marketing analytics group to build a process to generate high quality inbound leads at scale.
- Develop partnerships for the Sustain.Life platform, inclusive of collaborating on the partnership roadmap to develop new solutions, launch and promote new offerings and measure / scale pipeline and partnership outcomes
- Expand our customer base in line with our longer-term CAC and growth goals
- Work collaboratively with partner, product, marketing and other teams to align internal resources and roadmaps that drive new revenue
- Independently lead strategic analysis on key opportunity areas in your region
- Collaborate with CRO, Sustainability, Product, & Marketing teams to help localized product pricing, customer expectations, and financial plans for use in your assigned region
Who you are:
- 5+ years business development experience, preferably in a B2B enterprise SaaS software environment.
- Experienced entrepreneur, or candidates with previous first “boots on the ground” success will be prioritized
- Experience establishing new customer and partnership relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA or other advanced degree highly preferred
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and business judgement
- Think creatively and opportunistically to resolve critical business challenges
- Communicate effectively to share learnings and make clear group decisions
- You present your work with clarity and confidence
- You have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, environment; an entrepreneurial, ownership attitude
- You are excited to work in an environment that values collaboration
Bonus - experience we'd love to see:
- Startup experience. You’ve helped build new businesses from the ground up.
- A passion for sustainability - you care about climate change and want to be part of the solution.
Interested? Great - we'd love to talk to you! Please apply directly to the role on our website https://boards.greenhouse.io/sustainlife.
If you don’t check every box, don’t let that stop you. We prioritize talent, passion, and drive over what looks good on paper. If you’re on the fence, we encourage you to hit the apply button and highlight what draws you to Sustain.Life. Sustain.Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age.