About Salary Finance
Working with employers, we provide a financial wellbeing platform as an employee benefit, helping employees to understand their money better, get out of debt faster and save for their future. We already have a reach of over 4,000,000 employees through our relationships with over 600 of the biggest companies in the UK.
By improving employee financial wellbeing, we have a very real and meaningful impact on people’s lives. We remove the stress and worry associated with financial difficulties by dramatically reducing the interest rates employees pay on their personal debt, and provide them with the tools needed to start saving sooner and be more financially secure. We are backed by some of the biggest brands,
including investments from Blenheim Chalcot (the UK’s leading venture builder), Legal and General (the FTSE 100 insurer and asset manager), Experian and Goldman Sachs, and funding partnerships with JP Morgan and Virgin Money.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes' list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian, the Telegraph, CityAM and the Institute of Directors.
We are recruiting for an exceptional Credit Risk Analyst to join our Credit Risk team, reporting to our Credit Risk & Pricing Manager. You will be responsible for our pricing and credit strategies to meet target unit economics and assess fair value, in line with our ‘Price and Fair Value Framework’, including relevant ongoing monitoring and MI to track performance vs plan and proactively initiate a revision to our strategies to ensure that we remain on track with targets.
This role is an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in an exciting FinTech scaleup. Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- Fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- Responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- Dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows. ● Empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- United, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team. ● Humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You have demonstrated experience in a Credit Risk or Pricing team within the Financial Services sector
- You are a proficient user of SQL (our data is queried using SQL)
- You have experience building Credit Risk or/ and Pricing MI
- You have demonstrated experience building credit strategies for financial products ● You are able to present summarised proposals and findings of analysis to non-technical audiences
- You have real enthusiasm to work in a fast growth start-up - you will thrive if you are a self-motivated, fast-paced, action oriented, “roll up your sleeves and get-things-done” sort of person who wants to work in a small team where everyone makes a difference ● You have a bachelor's or postgraduate degree in a STEM subject
The “good to haves”
- You have work experience in the Financial Services / FinTech sector
- You are comfortable working with Google Suite tools
- You have working knowledge of R or Python
- You have reporting and MI automation skills
- You have experience working closely with business units without advanced technical data expertise
What you’ll do
- Continuously improve our credit strategy for our personal loans product to maintain credit performance within targets while maximising the available offers to customers ● Continuously refine our pricing strategy for our products, ensuring that they meet fair value standards and deliver good value to customers while meeting our yield targets ● Introduce champion/ challenger pricing strategies to understand price sensitivity and continuously improve the strategy
- Build high quality regular MI to track the performance of our credit and pricing strategies against targets
What’s in it for you?
- Company bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday with an extra day off on your birthday
- Hybrid working arrangements so you can work from the office and from home with a budget to help you get set up
- Generous company benefits to include pension and life assurance and an annual allowance to spend on medical insurance, health cash plan, denplan, gym memberships ● Enhanced policies that are family and pet friendly, to include company sick pay and Peternity leave
- Annual personal learning budget
- Great career development in a fast paced environment
- Regular company socials (post covid, although we've got quite good at virtual ones too!) ● Volunteer days as part of our CSR program
- Being part of a collaborative and entrepreneurial team working in our brand new, purpose-built offices at Scale Space, White City
- Being part of a community of Blenheim Chalcot-backed fintech growth businesses including ClearScore, Liberis, Kodoo and Modulr, with opportunities to share and learn together ● More great perks to include complimentary fresh fruit weekly, cycle to work, help to save and much more!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team and are passionate about what we do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.