About Salary Finance
Working with employers, we provide a financial wellbeing platform as an employee benefit, helping employees to understand their money better, get out of debt faster and save for their future. We already have a reach of over 4,000,000 employees through our relationships with over 600 of the biggest companies in the UK.
By improving employee financial wellbeing, we have a very real and meaningful impact on people’s lives. We remove the stress and worry associated with financial difficulties by dramatically reducing the interest rates employees pay on their personal debt, and provide them with the tools needed to start saving sooner and be more financially secure. We are backed by some of the biggest brands, including investments from Blenheim Chalcot (the UK’s leading venture builder), Legal and General (the FTSE 100 insurer and asset manager), Experian and Goldman Sacs, and funding partnerships with JP Morgan and Virgin Money.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes' list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian, the Telegraph, CityAM and the Institute of Directors.
Your role in our mission
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Collections Strategy Manager. Reporting to the Head of Collections. This role sits within the Collections Strategy team at Salary Finance who are part of the wider Credit Risk team.
What you’ll do
- Manage the design, implementation and monitoring collections strategies with a continuous improvement approach
- Lead a team of collections strategy analysts with a hands on approach to day to day analytics and coding
- Ensure that the business has appropriate Collections MI and reporting to track performance and drive improvements
- Manage the collections strategy for key segments of the collections life cycle to maximise returns for the business and maintain good customer outcomes
- Manage the enhancement of our Collections activity monitoring capabilities to ensure our Collections strategy is executed as planned and performs within expectations and in line with our relevant policies
- Manage initiatives that develop the data and technical environment for collections at SF including detailed requirements development
- Develop and manage strong analytics, insights and reporting to keep partners and debt funders informed and up-to-date with Collections performance and any planned changes that might impact that performance
- Identify and manage the controlled automation of existing processes and the creation of new more efficient processes to allow sustainable scaling of the team and the business
- Manage the planning, break-even analysis and execution of spot and forward flow debt sales for non-performing loans
- You have extensive experience in Collections within a Financial Services or FinTech company offering products to consumers (preferably unsecured lending).
- You have very strong analytical skills which must include SQL and are still hands on with regard coding as a manager
- You can turn data into insights that drive positive outcomes for both the customer and the company
- You have extensive experience of designing and implementing collections strategies at each stage of the collections life cycle
- You have extensive experience of building strong relationships and working closely with collections operations colleagues, credit risk, finance and IT to ensure the success of the collections strategy
- You have an excellent understanding of the regulatory environment, especially around vulnerable customer treatment and Consumer Duty
- You have an excellent understanding of the control environment required to run collections operations and the execution of collections strategy effectively and efficiently
- You are commercially minded with experience analysing data and setting Collections strategies that continuously improve customer and financial (impairment) outcomes
- You have strong communication skills and are able to tailor communications based on the audience: from analyst level to board members
- You are passionate about businesses that deliver social impact with a strong desire to help grow a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society
- You have a degree educated in a STEM or a quantitative subject
Who you are
We embrace our differences, but have some key common values. It’s important to us that you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- dedicated, and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- empathetic, and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
What do you get for all your hard work?
- Company bonus scheme 💰
- 25 days holiday with an extra day off on your birthday 🎂
- Hybrid working arrangements so you can work from the office and from home with a budget to help you get set up 🏠
- Generous company benefits to include pension and life assurance and an annual allowance to spend on medical insurance, health cash plan, denplan, gym memberships 🤸
- Enhanced policies that are family and pet friendly, to include company sick pay and peternity leave 🐶
- Great career development in a fast paced environment 🚀
- Regular company socials (post covid, although we've got quite good at virtual ones too!)
- Volunteer days as part of our CSR program 🤝
- More great perks to include weekly snacks, tuckshop, cycle to work, help to save and much more! 🍭
The typical interview process
- Phone call with our Talent Manager - 20 mins
- Video interview with Hiring Manager - 30 mins
- Technical Case Study to give you a taster of the role - 35 mins
- In person interview with Hiring Manager, Head of Department, Stakeholder, and / or Team - 60 mins
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team and are passionate about what we do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.