Are you a proactive, results-driven and organised IT Manager looking for your next role within a forward-thinking cutting-edge start-up?
You will be working closely with our COO, operations and tech teams. This role can be potentially full time, part-time with a minimum of 20 hours per week or fixed term contract for the right candidates.
We're looking for someone who can act as a head of IT, security and compliance to be responsible for setting up and maintaining an effective working baseline infrastructure (network, physical devices, SaaS, IaaS…), cyber security controls, and compliance with GDPR, defence security controls, ISO27001 and future relevant regulations and standards. Additionally, you will help provide infrequent ongoing level-1 to mostly level-2 IT support / administration to support a (generally quite tech-savvy) growing team.
Your resources include the current COO / acting CISO, external IT consultants and service providers, plus internal knowledgebase, paid online courses. The company has a strong documentation and training culture, so we will share and expect you to share write-ups and knowledge. You will feel at home if you are organised and structured, enjoy solving problems, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, forward-thinking and friendly culture.
How you will make an impact:
- Architect, implement and maintain a scalable, robust, secure efficient IT infrastructure, including technical controls/configurations, policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with cyber security plus, defence security controls, ISO27001 standards
- Provide prompt, effective incident troubleshooting and service request
You must have these to apply:
- Experience administering servers (local, Azure, hybrid/ federated, and AWS or GCP)
- Experience administering business collaboration / productivity / engineering software and data (Microsoft 365, G Suite, Zoho, Dynamics 365, Solidworks, Docker…)
- Availability and ability to travel to our office in Oxfordshire (when necessary / emergency).
- Experience administering physical devices at scale
- Experience with Linux, Windows, Mac OS administration using Intune
- Familiarity with compliance standards (GDPR, Cyber Essentials Plus, MOD list X requirements)
- Experience administering Cisco, Unifi or similar and network improvement activities
- Experience working with government, police, defence or similar environments and requirements
- Eligibility and willingness to undergo future full security clearance (SC)
You will stand out if you have these (highlight them in your application!):
- Relevant academic qualifications or certifications to demonstrate solid theoretical foundation
- Experience architecting and implementing the cyber security controls for AI / drone products and engineering / development team
- Experience working with engineering devices (IoT, AI cameras, jetsons…)
- Experience working in similar technology startups
- Experience in coding and building low-code internal bespoke solutions / databases / automation / systems integration (eg PowerApps, Postman, Zapier...) to improve internal productivity and efficiency
Working with us means you will have:
- The ability to make a measurable difference in a growing startup building cutting edge technology with big visions
- A culture of supportive team and high ownership so you can get as much responsibility as you would like to take on
- Plenty of opportunities to grow and gain exposure in different areas based on your interest
- Investment in you to be the best you can be, including training resources
- Competitivecompensation packages (salary, bonuses, and shares options scheme)
- Options for flexible working hours and custom arrangements that matter to you
- A variety of perks: Goodies, access to discounts, and the opportunity to join the team once a year on an exciting retreat where we recharge and have fun! 😎
So, what’s next?
Apply now and someone from our HR team will get back to you asap. The usual process includes a screening call, offline assessment and then a big call with our team to get to know each other. That’s it!
Sounds interesting? Apply now and join Archangel Life! 🚀