We're on a mission to provide our patients with healthcare that is accessible and dependable at a fraction of today's cost.
Our team of Doctors, Engineers, Customer Support Advisors, Marketers, Product Managers, UX Designers, Pharmacists, and Commercial & Operations Specialists work collaboratively, to develop and maintain a digital healthcare platform that provides our patients with healthcare that suits their needs & schedules.
The pandemic changed our lives, requiring us to find flexible, remote and innovative healthcare solutions to meet our needs during challenging and changeable periods. Many of our patients turned to telemedicine as a convenient solution to getting their healthcare online from the comfort of their homes. And through delivering a safe and efficient digital healthcare service, we've provided over 8 million consultations across the UK, Germany, France, and Ireland, enabling millions of people with essential access to healthcare when they needed it most.
It's our motivation to continue fulfilling their needs and to expand further to meet the needs of others, ensuring we're always there with the latest tech, treatments and advice. Because we're doing more than providing healthcare, we're enabling & empowering people by making healthcare work for them.
We’re here because we care about healthcare and we plan to be the largest digital primary healthcare platform for people across Europe.
About the role:
ZAVA IT Support team is central to the smooth operation of engineering, doctors and non-technical teams day-to-day activities. As a growing organisation the IT Operations team works closely with all parts of the business providing support, on-boarding/offboarding, managing tech equipment and licences, but also implementing automations, building tools to improve day-to-day work.
What can you expect from working with us?
- Variety: You will work with a varied group of people, which you will support on a day to day basis, helping them resolve any IT-related issues. Alongside this you will work closely with our IT Operations Team, as well as our Security and Infrastructure Team.
- Receptiveness to new ideas: We’re breaking new ground all the time, which means there’s no tried and tested way yet. We want you to push the boundaries, try new things and take responsibility for big ideas.
- Trust and autonomy: Within our core hours and depending on the needs of the team, you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to manage your own schedule, get stuck in and make a real difference.
- Cross-company collaboration: You will have the opportunity to work closely with teams from across the organisation.
Day-to-day the work will encompass:
- Primarily providing IT support to all ZAVA employees, technical and non-technical via helpdesk ticketing system
- Keep our documentation up to date
- Play key role in the IT onboarding process and experience of new joiners, as well as streamlining the offboarding of the leavers
- Support IT equipment and infrastructure at our offices(e.g. Meeting room AV, Printer/scanner, network)
- Escalate to IT Operations Engineers when necessary
- Ensuring systems are patched, configured and monitored to ensure optimum security, performance and functionality - using JAMF, MDM platform
- Identifying, diagnosing and resolving hardware and software issues, offering solutions where possible and escalating where required.
- Ensure change management is adhered to and all changes validated, checked and documented, including the planning and implementation of updates.
- Maintaining security tools - Sentinel One antivirus, Google MDM, Cisco DUO
- Proactively monitor systems for availability, capacity and performance.
- Researching and preparing notes, status reports, technical documentation, and proposals to be used by various technical and non-technical staff and management.
- Communicating/ exchanging technical information on IT administration, and troubleshooting techniques and skills to staff. You may be required to make presentations during annual meetings and other technical gatherings.
- Working collaboratively with the various service teams and providing input into team communication (including meetings) as well as joint planning sessions on hardware and software roll-out.
- You will work with the team on exciting new projects designed to introduce new technologies, processes and initiatives as we develop a continuous IT improvement strategy.
Experience and qualifications:
- You need to be a good troubleshooter as well as being logical and methodical in approach.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload and deal with conflicting priorities
- Ability to respond to a high volume of queries, ensuring a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Previous experience in dynamic IT environments
- Experience in managing Google Workspace
- Experience with Jamf Pro or similar MDM platform
It would be advantageous but not essential to have:
- Programming language knowledge (Python)
- Previous knowledge or experience in handling network or system problems
- Network configuration and cabling experience
- Windows Server configuration experience
- IT Operations Manager
- 15 mins screening call with our People Team
- Scenario- based interview with the line manager and another member of the team
- In-depth interview with the line manager and our Head of Security and Infrastructure
Benefits from the day you join:
🏖 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Birthday day off
🩺 Healthcare cash back plan through SimplyHealth, as well as advice, counselling and corporate discounts
🧘🏽 Membership to Headspace (mindfulness application)
💙 20% off all ZAVA product & services for you and your friends/family
🏡 Remote flexible working
💻 Macbook Pro
🏢 Modern office with breakfast, hot drinks, bike storage and shower facilities
🐶 Dog friendly office
Additional benefits following probation period:
💰 £500 training budget per year (after 3 months)
✈️ Company sabbatical after 2 years
🗺 Opportunity to work from overseas for 2 months each year
🤑 Enrolled on discretionary company bonus scheme
Core working hours
Our core business hours are 10am - 4pm.
Diversity is everywhere and it makes the world a more interesting place. At ZAVA we encourage diversity, welcome difference and celebrate new ideas. Everyone is welcome to apply to ZAVA, regardless of origin, creed, disability, age, nationality, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, gender or other legally protected reasons. Additionally, research shows that generally, men are happy to apply for positions where they fit 60% of the requirements or higher, whereas women and underrepresented groups often will not apply unless they fit the requirements almost entirely. If you think you’d be great in this role, even if you don’t match all the requirements we have listed, we’d still love to hear from you!
Please note: certain positions will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.