We’re quite proud of our achievements…
250M+ downloads, 50M+ monthly users, #1 by installs in the iOS Health category, 4.9 stars on the App Store (3M+ reviews), backed by 7 VCs, annual revenue at 9 figures, and a valuation close to $1B.
…and we’re just getting started.
We’re Flo Health, a rapidly growing, Series B funded HealthTech building the essential digital health partner of tomorrow to empower women, girls, and people who menstruate with the knowledge and support they need to stay well and live better.
And there's never been a more exciting time to join us.
Our cycle, ovulation and pregnancy tracking, educational content and anonymised community platform have been trusted for years by millions to help them feel more in control of their health every day.
Now though, we’re harnessing the power of data analytics and AI to build a smarter future, one where we all know our bodies better - we’re set to become the world’s favourite female health brand.
Big plans, right?
They absolutely are - that’s why we’re hiring.
We are looking for an experienced Localization Project Manager to support Flo teams by embedding localization as part of their internationalization strategy.
In this role, you will manage a range of localization projects across different Flo content types from initial planning to testing and release. You will report to the Director of Localization and will work in close collaboration with the rest of the Localization team, external vendors and key stakeholders across the business.
- Notable localization experience in the online space and with scalable localization infrastructures
- Experience in revamping processes and workflows that allow for continuous localization and ongoing improvement in agile environments
- Outstanding stakeholder management and prioritization skills
- Proactive attitude and a sense of urgency
- Solution-driven thinking, acknowledges own mistakes and learns from them
- Ability to pivot from low-level detail to high-level view during both strategy execution and problem-solving
- Experience working with third party vendors and contractors
- Proficient knowledge and use of Jira
- Strong analytical skills and high ability to interpret data
- Must be able to work collaboratively and across cultures
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for:
- Partnering with Localization Program Managers to ensure that localization roadmaps and scheduled releases are adhered to across languages
- Managing end-to-end localization requests from across Flo teams from initial planning to testing and release
- Owning the review of source content and liaise with requestors to align on internationalization best practice and adequacy of translatable content
- Taking active part in vendor management to ensure localization is delivered on time and at the right level of quality
- Working closely with Language Leads assigned to monitor and improve language quality to ensure ongoing improvement and root cause analysis, and ongoing maintenance of language assets
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting on operational KPIs, project progress, potential risks and delays to localization requestors and key stakeholders
- Driving process improvement related to localization production for operational efficiency and scalability
- Documenting processes related to day-to-day localization production and maintain them up to date
- Coordinating A/B tests involving localized copy, measure performance and update language assets accordingly
People perform better when they’re happy, paid well, looked after and supported.
That’s just a fact.
On top of competitive salaries, we offer Flo's permanent employees:
- A fully flexible working environment wherever you’re at your best: at home, in our offices, or a mix-and-match of both
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP)
- Paid holiday and sick leave (dependent on location)
- Fully paid female health and sick leave, in addition to holiday and regular sick leave
- Workations - an opportunity to work abroad for two months’ a year
- Six months' paid Maternity Leave, and one months' paid Paternity Leave (subject to qualifying conditions) inclusive of same-sex and adoptive parents
- Career growth, progression, and learning development resources
- Annual salary reviews
- As many free premium Flo subscriptions as you’d like
- A whole host of other benefits (health/pension/social schemes, dependent on location)
It’s pretty hard to condense a culture down to a few words, but we do all have a few things in common.
We’re problem solvers, we’re adaptable, we’re empathy driven and results led.
People here like working in a fast-paced, multi-national, multi-cultural and ever changing environment. Everyone has an impact on a powerful mission, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to ideate solutions and put them in place. Being part of a rapidly growing business means that the answers aren’t always there for us already, but that’s okay; it’s part of the excitement!
If this resonates, we might be the right place for you.
We know that building the future of female health isn’t going to be easy, but we’re hoping you’re up for the challenge.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.