We’re quite proud of our achievements…
250M+ downloads, 50M+ monthly users, #1 by installs in the iOS Health category, 4.9 stars on the App Store (3M+ reviews), backed by 7 VCs, annual revenue at 9 figures, and a valuation close to $1B.
…and we’re just getting started.
We’re Flo Health, a rapidly growing, Series B funded HealthTech building the essential digital health partner of tomorrow to empower women, girls, and people who menstruate with the knowledge and support they need to stay well and live better.
And there's never been a more exciting time to join us.
Our cycle, ovulation and pregnancy tracking, educational content and anonymised community platform have been trusted for years by millions to help them feel more in control of their health every day.
Now though, we’re harnessing the power of data analytics and AI to build a smarter future, one where we all know our bodies better - we’re set to become the world’s favourite female health brand.
Big plans, right?
They absolutely are - that’s why we’re hiring.
Medical and Scientific credibility is the foundation. It’s the core of who and what Flo is.
As a group, these teams engage thought leaders and KOLs (100+ and counting!), establish research partnerships (Stanford University, Johns Hopkins University, Northwestern University, and others), help Developers design our intuitive AI tools, check our Medical Accuracy, and drive medical credibility across the whole platform.
One of our Medical Advisors is going on maternity leave, so we’ve a great opportunity to join our product focussed ‘health stream’ on a full time FTC basis for 6 months, ideally starting early August. This position can be based remotely within the UK.
It’s truly a great time to be working with this team. On the one hand, we have a maturing feature base with users in the millions globally. On the other, we’re pressing ahead with an exciting new product roadmap incorporating a host of new features and functionalities driven by AI.
This team sits very closely to product development and this role will be working directly with the product, engineering, content, marketing and wider teams in ensuring the medical accuracy and safety of the platform. It will be directly involved as an expert expanding our product capabilities, empowering people with the insight they need to stay well and live better.
- Medical degree
- Specialised clinical experience in Obstetrics / Gynaecology (OB/GYN) (ST3 or higher) or General Practice training
- Former experience working in a Product focussed Medical Advisor position in a HealthTech setting
Nice to have:
- Experience in creating chatbots, symptom checkers and / or digital health assessment systems
- Experience in the risk assessment of medical features
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for:
- Ensuring the overall medical accuracy and clinical safety and compliance of Flo’s mobile application.
- Collaborating with the data scientists, content managers, and analysts to develop AI-based chatbots (symptom checkers).
- Being involved with product and engineering teams to scope future products and their medical validity as concepts and solutions (for example: integrations with wearables).
- Taking part in scientific research aimed at validating the accuracy of Flo features.
- Presenting results at scientific conferences.
- Communicating with freelance healthcare consultants and members of Flo Medical Board to make sure we are utilizing the latest scientific findings in building products.
You'll be targeted on:
- Being the clinical lead for the Symptom Checker
- Supporting all aspects of the project including the inclusion of new conditions, and including a major release in September
- Running the post-market clinical testing to ensure safety
- Running the post-market analysis to improve user experience and engagement
- Supporting science team with research
People perform better when they’re happy, paid well, looked after and supported.
That’s just a fact.
On top of competitive salaries, we offer Flo's permanent employees:
- A fully flexible working environment wherever you’re at your best: at home, in our offices, or a mix-and-match of both
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP)
- Paid holiday and sick leave (dependent on location)
- Fully paid female health and sick leave, in addition to holiday and regular sick leave
- Workations - an opportunity to work abroad for two months’ a year
- Six months' paid Maternity Leave, and one months' paid Paternity Leave (subject to qualifying conditions) inclusive of same-sex and adoptive parents
- Career growth, progression, and learning development resources
- Annual salary reviews
- As many free premium Flo subscriptions as you’d like
- A whole host of other benefits (health/pension/social schemes, dependent on location)
It’s pretty hard to condense a culture down to a few words, but we do all have a few things in common.
We’re problem solvers, we’re adaptable, we’re empathy driven and results led.
People here like working in a fast-paced, multi-national, multi-cultural and ever changing environment. Everyone has an impact on a powerful mission, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to ideate solutions and put them in place. Being part of a rapidly growing business means that the answers aren’t always there for us already, but that’s okay; it’s part of the excitement!
If this resonates, we might be the right place for you.
We know that building the future of female health isn’t going to be easy, but we’re hoping you’re up for the challenge.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.