Job title: Product Owner – Reinsurance and BPA
Reports to: Product Manager
Role type: Permanent
The Product Owner – Reinsurance and BPA role will sit within a small team of analysts whose primary responsibilities include the implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of Rothesay’s in-house reinsurance and bulk purchase annuity (BPA) administration systems (RADS). The team is based in Operations but the work we do requires close interaction with people across the business, especially with developers in Technology and our deal pricing actuaries. The work we do is varied and project-based and offers a good deal of freedom and self-direction. You will be responsible for analysing new deals and on-boarding them to the system, as well as driving general efficiencies for Operations, Pricing and the wider business. This is a great opportunity to join a high-performing team supporting the growth of a dynamic company.
The role would ideally suit a high-achieving graduate with 1-2 years’ work experience. Very strong graduate candidates with placement or internship experience will be considered if the required skills and competencies are demonstrated.
- Lead the Analysis > Design > Development > Testing > Implementation of new functionality to the in-house systems to accommodate new BPA and Reinsurance deals. Working closely with the Technology, Operations, Pricing, Actuarial and Quant teams
- End-to-end implementation of BPA and Reinsurance deals onto RADS (new business and back-book deals)
- Trade support on live in-house deals.
- Point of contact for any internal/external queries
- Monitor system validations
- Triage and resolve any issues in a timely manner
- Lead initiatives which create further efficiencies in managing our Reinsurance and BPA deals
- Produce documentation to support business cases, specifications, risk and control frameworks and procedures
- Deliver presentations and updates to internal and external stakeholders (including senior management)
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum 2:1 in a degree from a leading university (please note strong candidates with exceptional work experience will also be considered should the degree criteria not be met)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task effectively whilst monitoring deliverables and deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with external and internal stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Strong Excel skills - experience of manipulating large data sets and/or creating cash flow models
- Ability to summarise and communicate complex issues
- Familiarity with coding languages such as Python/VBA
- Understanding of project, business analysis and/or software development life cycles
- Some pensions, insurance and/or reinsurance knowledge
- Understanding of risk controls in an operational environment
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation – Be a self-starter; successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Teamwork – Demonstrate evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties, but to describe a position level. The role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Rothesay has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associated with the role.
Rothesay actively promotes diversity and inclusivity. We know that our success depends on our people and that by nurturing a culture that values difference, we create a stronger, more dynamic business. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.