£81,000.00 GBP - £118,000.00 GBP
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
The Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company that is on a mission to ensure the internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all. We design, build and distribute open-source software that enables more than 225 million people around the world to enjoy the internet on their terms.
Are you passionate about mobile applications that enrich users’ lives? Do you want to build software for a massive audience? Do you want to give consumers and developers choice in their Android browser & ensure the future of an open Web on Android? Mozilla’s mission is to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity as key to the continued health of the Internet. We are looking for a Staff Android Mobile Engineer to help make this happen.
What you’ll do
- Design, write, maintain, and debug software for mobile applications
- Build (and maintain!) top-rated Android apps with quick feedback loops from Product and UX
- Define & uphold standards for quality by mentoring junior engineers, performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating tests, and profiling code
- Make technical decisions about the code and architecture of our mobile products
- Collaborate with a geographically distributed development team and work in the open as part of the Mozilla open source project, and engage with Mozilla’s global community
What you bring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced coding skills in at least one of the following: Java, Kotlin, or C/C++
- Many years experience building complex applications for a broad and diverse user base using Java and/or Kotlin
- Exposure to web technologies (JS, CSS, DOM, HTML)
- Helping and mentoring junior team members.
- Experience defining and instituting coding, testing, documentation and agile process standards
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Experience with a large codebase.
- Experience with planning mid to long-term projects.
- Experience with other web technologies (React, Python)
When you work at Mozilla, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of users across the globe. Additionally, you give us a chance to make a difference in your life. We offer:
- Generous performance-based bonus plans to all regular employees
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents
- Generous retirement contributions with 100% immediate vesting
- Quarterly all-company wellness days when everyone takes a pause together
- One-time home office stipend
- Annual professional development budget
- Quarterly well-being stipend
- Considerable paid parental leave
- And more!
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2218