We’re quite proud of our achievements…
250M+ downloads, 50M+ monthly users, #1 by installs in the iOS Health category, 4.9 stars on the App Store (3M+ reviews), backed by 7 VCs, annual revenue at 9 figures, and a valuation close to $1B.
…and we’re just getting started.
We’re Flo Health, a rapidly growing, Series B funded HealthTech building the essential digital health partner of tomorrow to empower women, girls, and people who menstruate with the knowledge and support they need to stay well and live better.
And there's never been a more exciting time to join us.
Our cycle, ovulation and pregnancy tracking, educational content and anonymised community platform have been trusted for years by millions to help them feel more in control of their health every day.
Now though, we’re harnessing the power of data analytics and AI to build a smarter future, one where we all know our bodies better - we’re set to become the world’s favourite female health brand.
Big plans, right?
They absolutely are - that’s why we’re hiring.
The needs of the user is everything to us, and how those needs are served falls under our Product teams.
They’re ideators of easy to use, information rich resources across our whole platform who - along with Analytics teams - get to the ‘why’ in order to create unrivaled user experiences.
As a UX Researcher at Flo, you will play a crucial role in enhancing the user experience of our products. You will collaborate closely with the team and manager, providing support and expertise in user research activities. Your deep knowledge and application of various research methods will contribute to the development of innovative and user-centered solutions. Your enthusiasm for new techniques and methodologies will inspire and guide the team to deliver exceptional user experiences.
- Creative, yet robust approach to research in fast-paced product environment
- Communication skills – with the ability to influence others and advocate for research at all levels
- Demonstrated proficiency in a wide range of research methods, including both evaluative (e.g., usability testing, heuristic evaluations) and formative (e.g., interviews, surveys) techniques
- Enthusiasm and Collaboration: Passion for user research and an eagerness to explore new methodologies and techniques. Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, agile environment, inspiring and motivating others to deliver their best work
- Proven ability to lead and manage user research projects from start to finish
- Experience guiding and mentoring junior researchers and team members
- Proactivity in identifying new opportunities for product development through research: We value proactive thinkers who can go beyond the given research tasks and identify new opportunities for product development. Your ability to spot user needs and uncover insights that can shape our product roadmap will make a significant impact!
- 5+ Years hands on research experience
Nice to have:
- Experience of working with distributed teams
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for:
- As a Researcher reporting directly to the Head of Research, you will play a crucial role as an integral member of our dynamic research team. Your primary objective will be to provide essential support to our product vision and contribute to the development of our future Flo products
- Support User Research Strategy: Develop and implement a user research strategy that aligns with our product vision and business goals. Identify research opportunities, define research objectives, and prioritise research initiatives to deliver meaningful insights
- Plan and Execute Research Studies: Design, plan, and conduct a variety of user research studies, including usability testing, interviews, surveys, field studies, and diary studies. Ensure that research activities are conducted in a safe, controlled, and ethical manner
- Data Collection and Analysis: Oversee the collection and analysis of user research data, employing mixed methods both qualitative and quantitative research methods. Synthesize and interpret research findings to generate actionable insights and recommendations
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, engineers and other stakeholders to integrate research findings into product development processes. Advocate for user-centric design decisions based on research insights
- Research Reporting and Communication: Prepare and present research reports, presentations, and visualisations that effectively communicate research findings to stakeholders in an unbiased and compelling manner. Influence decision-making by clearly articulating the impact of research insights - we are looking for a great story teller!
- Project Management: Effectively manage multiple research projects, including timelines, resources, and deliverables. Prioritise tasks and manage stakeholders' expectations to meet project objectives
People perform better when they’re happy, paid well, looked after and supported.
That’s just a fact.
On top of competitive salaries, we offer Flo's permanent employees:
- A fully flexible working environment wherever you’re at your best: at home, in our offices, or a mix-and-match of both
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP)
- Paid holiday and sick leave (dependent on location)
- Fully paid female health and sick leave, in addition to holiday and regular sick leave
- Workations - an opportunity to work abroad for two months’ a year
- Six months' paid Maternity Leave, and one months' paid Paternity Leave (subject to qualifying conditions) inclusive of same-sex and adoptive parents
- Career growth, progression, and learning development resources
- Annual salary reviews
- As many free premium Flo subscriptions as you’d like
- A whole host of other benefits (health/pension/social schemes, dependent on location)
It’s pretty hard to condense a culture down to a few words, but we do all have a few things in common.
We’re problem solvers, we’re adaptable, we’re empathy driven and results led.
People here like working in a fast-paced, multi-national, multi-cultural and ever changing environment. Everyone has an impact on a powerful mission, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to ideate solutions and put them in place. Being part of a rapidly growing business means that the answers aren’t always there for us already, but that’s okay; it’s part of the excitement!
If this resonates, we might be the right place for you.
We know that building the future of female health isn’t going to be easy, but we’re hoping you’re up for the challenge.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.