Do you want to work on the most pressing problem of our generation?
We’re building the infrastructure for the net zero transition, and we’re looking for brilliant builders who want to help define a low carbon future.
Decarbonizing the economy requires a granular, real-time view of where emissions come from and how they might be reduced. We build software to automate the carbon footprinting of supply chains. Banks, traders, and manufacturers use our product to tame the complexity of international supply networks, identify the most carbon-intensive parts, and find greener alternatives. Having developed technology which is significant in advance of competitive solutions, we are now investing heavily in market adoption.
You can find out more about interviewing at CarbonChain at https://www.carbonchain.com/careers/interview-process.
To join Carbon Chain, you’ll be a keen technologist who loves to learn from others. Our company is made up of 10 passionate people with expertise ranging from oil refining to deep learning. Between us we’ve run Amazon’s European supply chain, built JustEat’s corporate meal delivery platform, and monitored industrial emissions with satellites for Al Gore. We’ve got MBAs and PhDs but we know that there’s a lot we don’t know, and we’re hoping you can help fill that gap.
What will you be responsible for at Carbon Chain?
We are at the start of our journey and want to build the right things, the right way. We are cloud-first, allowing us to scale at will and experiment with adding new services quickly. We build product in short iterations, relying on automation where possible to focus on building things that bring value to the user. As a Product Designer you will play a key role in the company, taking responsibility for user research, ideation and discovery and the product experience that will result from it. You will be part of a growing team with a unique opportunity to help shape the culture.
You can expect to have:
- Ownership of your projects
- The ability to make real changes with tangible business value
- Freedom to experiment with ideas and iterate on adding value incrementally
We are particularly interested in T-shaped individuals with passion for graphic design and user experience, keen eye for detail, passionate about working with end users on solving their problems.
Our only must-haves are possessing a hunger to solve business challenges using technology and the ability to build close relationships with your team.
Which processes, tools and technologies will you work with?
- Getting to know the customer through user research will be key to our success.
- Prototyping helps us try out new ideas fast and validate usability, feasibility and viability before we invest effort heavily.
- Defining product roadmap is important, but solving real problems takes priority - you’ll work with the team on defining problems that you’ll own and solve together.
- Agile development, using various approaches from Scrum to Elephant Carpaccio, helps us deliver software in small iterations, learning and course-correcting in the process to make sure we deliver the right improvements.
- Quality assurance is owned by the team themselves - we believe that full cycle product ownership should sit tightly within the team.
- We believe in using the right tool for the job - you and your team will have full control over what product framework and tools to use to move fast.
- Teamwork and collaboration are fundamental to the delivery of our solutions. We encourage solutionizing between the team and the wider business.
You don’t need to be a pro at all of these skills to apply for the role, but we’d love to hear about any relevant knowledge and experiences that you have in these areas.
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary + generous equity package
- Flexible working hours - we encourage regular breaks and being AFK (away from keyboard) to support your wellbeing
- Flexible working location (we like to meet in the office couple of times every week)
- £1000 annual development allowance for you to spend on developing your current skills and learning new things
- Tech equipment of your choice
- Regular social activities
- Generous amount of holidays
If you think your skills and experience match what we’re looking for and you’d like to join a Carbon Tech industry unicorn, please get in touch!