‘Rothesay’ is a UK insurance company purpose-built to protect pensions. We are the largest specialist pension insurer in the UK, managing over £50bn of assets and securing pensions for over 800,000 people. We secure pensions for over 170 pension schemes and insurers including British Airways, Post Office, ASDA, National Grid and Aegon.
At Rothesay, we are striving to transform our industry. We believe deeply in creating real security for the future and our leadership in finding new and better ways to do that is the key to our success. To do that, we need the very brightest original thinkers to bring creativity as well as rigour. Rothesay is a rewarding place to work, where quality people can thrive and prosper. We pride ourselves on the connections our people build, many of whom have been with us for over ten years.
Job title: Financial Control Data & Insight Analyst
Reports to: Head of Cost Reporting
The Finance department at Rothesay is made up of a close-knit team of approximately 45 employees, all based in London. The department is structured into the following functions: Product Control, Capital, Actuarial Assurance, and Financial Reporting. We pride ourselves on our diligence and have fostered a dynamic and flexible departmental culture to support the wider company.
The Financial Reporting team are responsible for month end consolidation and reporting, tax, accounts payable, vendor management and cost reporting. As part of this team, the purpose of the role will be to help drive cost efficiency through the analysis and MI reporting of the Rothesay Group expenses.
- Assist with the implementation and development of a new budget and forecast system
- Contribute new ideas for analysis, improvement of processes and to make better use of technology
- Provide consultation to the Financial Control team, building systems knowledge, gathering requirements, providing impact analysis and solutions
- Analyse incurred expenses on a monthly basis, providing insightful data analysis and visualisation in order to deliver high quality understanding of the cost base and drivers of budget variances
- Prepare monthly accruals and prepayments schedules
- Support preparation of regulatory compliant data related to Solvency II and IFRS
- Support the annual budget and forecast cycle
- Providing expense projections
- Drive the development and maintenance of Financial Control systems to streamline processes
- Act as a business partner to stakeholders across the firm to coordinate expense data collection
Skills & Experience:
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel
- Proven experience in data analysis, data manipulation and automation
- Experience of managing, consolidating and analysing large data sets
- Proven track-record of adapting to new systems and processes
- Familiarity with Oracle (Fusion, ERM and EPM) would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain strong working relationships – The role will involve interacting with senior stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to manage multiple tasks and strong problem solving skills
- Dedication to role – Motivated to provide an effective support service across all facets of role
- Team Player – Demonstrates evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates well with others and encourages other admin team members
- Communication – Ability to communicate what is relevant and important in a clear, constructive and concise manner
- Organised - Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload in a fast paced environment. Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision
- Creative and innovative – Looks for ways to improve current processes and help develop creative solutions that have practical value for the admin team
- Judgement and Problem Solving – Proactive, sees the big picture and willing to be flexible to solve issues as they arise
Disclaimer This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties, but to describe a position level. The role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Rothesay Life has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associated with the role.
Inclusion Rothesay actively promotes diversity and inclusivity. We know that our success depends on our people and that by nurturing a culture that values difference, we create a stronger, more dynamic business. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.