Rothesay is a UK insurance company purpose built to protect pensions. We are the largest specialist pension insurer in the UK, managing over £50bn of assets and securing pensions for over 810,000 people. We secure pensions for over 170 pension schemes and insurers including British Airways, Post Office, ASDA, National Grid and Aegon.
At Rothesay, we are striving to transform our industry. We believe deeply in creating real security for the future and our leadership in finding new and better ways to do that is the key to our success. To do that, we need the very brightest original thinkers to bring creativity as well as rigour. Rothesay is a rewarding place to work, where quality people can thrive and prosper. We pride ourselves on the connections our people build, many of whom have been with us for over ten years.
Job Title: Product Control Graduate
Contract: Permanent – Position starting in Autumn 2023
A Product Controller within the Finance function will be part of the team responsible for daily P&L, asset valuation and regulatory submissions. In conjunction with other members of the team, this will involve detailed analysis of P&L drivers including underlying risk and market movements, review of all new trading activity, price verification of the balance sheet and participation in numerous projects.
This role requires extensive liaison with the trading desks, Operations teams, the Actuarial team as well as the Financial Reporting team. Product Controllers are expected to develop a good understanding of the financial products they monitor and of the strategies used by the business when investing in assets, for which the fundamental goal is to meet pension liabilities as they come due over a long time horizon. The function has become increasingly technical in content and offers a challenging and interesting role, which would suit dynamic, bright and ambitious individuals with a drive to succeed.
Candidates would be expected to study for the ACCA or CIMA exams. When you join us your work will initially be focused on the P&L and regulatory reporting (Solvency II QRTs) and as you progress you will be expected to work on the various work streams of the Product Control function.
Skills & Experience:
- We recruit from all academic disciplines; although a high degree of numeracy is required.
- Excellent academic credentials are essential. You must have a minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent degree from a leading university.
- A desire to obtain ACCA or CIMA accreditation.
- Internships & work experience in the financial services is highly desired but not essential.
- You will need to demonstrate a clear interest and intellectual curiosity in the financial markets
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite.
How to Apply:
- You will need a 1 page CV and a 1 page cover letter (PDF format) that states in 300 words or less, why you want to work for Rothesay, why we should consider you and why you believe the match between yourself and our Company is a good one.
- Please apply via the link on our website – https://www.rothesay.com/about-us/careers/graduate-programme/ - ensuring your documents are in PDF format.
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden their knowledge and demonstrates appropriate analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation – Be a self-starter; successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve their own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients and service providers, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork – Demonstrate evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
Inclusion Rothesay actively promotes diversity and inclusivity. We know that our success depends on our people and that by nurturing a culture that values difference, we create a stronger, more dynamic business. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Disclaimer This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties, but to describe a position level. The role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Rothesay has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associated with the role.