We're on a mission to provide our patients with healthcare that is accessible and dependable at a fraction of today's cost.
Our team of Doctors, Engineers, Customer Support Advisors, Marketers, Product Managers, UX Designers, Pharmacists, and Commercial & Operations Specialists work collaboratively, to develop and maintain a digital healthcare platform that provides our patients with healthcare that suits their needs & schedules.
The pandemic changed our lives, requiring us to find flexible, remote and innovative healthcare solutions to meet our needs during challenging and changeable periods. Many of our patients turned to telemedicine as a convenient solution to getting their healthcare online from the comfort of their homes. And through delivering a safe and efficient digital healthcare service, we've provided over 7.8 million consultations across the UK, Germany, France, and Ireland, enabling millions of people with essential access to healthcare when they needed it most.
We're a scale-up company with ambitious growth plans, and our patients drive us. It's our motivation to continue fulfilling their needs and to expand further to meet the needs of others, ensuring we're always there with the latest tech, treatments and advice. Because we're doing more than providing healthcare, we're enabling & empowering people by making healthcare work for them.
We’re here because we care about healthcare and we plan to be the largest digital primary healthcare platform for people across Europe.
About the role
We are looking for a proactive and passionate People Partner to own our people processes and lead on a number of projects, alongside coaching and managing our team of two People advisors.
Reporting into the People Lead, you will have deep knowledge and passion for people operations, procedures & processes and will act as a trusted advisor for all things operational talent acquisition and and employee relations. You will advise on all People related activities across the full employee lifecycle. Alongside delivering client group and company wide projects and initiatives.
- Variety: You will work on exciting company projects, including career development, wellbeing, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We have big plans to improve our employee experience, you will build a close relationship with our People Advisors to fully understand the employee experience at ZAVA and identify opportunities to enhance it even further.You will coach our People advisors across all elements of their role, with a primary focus on supporting their client group on a day to day basis across all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
- Receptiveness to new ideas: We’re breaking new ground all the time, which means there’s no tried and tested way yet. We want you to push the boundaries, try new things and take responsibility for big ideas.
- Cross-company collaboration : You will have the opportunity to work closely with teams from across the organisation including the Commercial, Marketing, Engineering, Clinical and Customer supports. You’ll also work with and learn from others in the People team.
Day-to-day the work will encompass:
- Cyclical processes: You will own and be responsible for a number of cyclical processes including payroll, quarterly reviews and talent mapping.
- Systems: You will manage multiple HR systems to ensure efficiency and optimisation throughout the employee lifecycle, including bob, greenhouse, remote and deel.
- Excellence and quality: You’ll strive for and help others achieve high standards. You will be instrumental in communicating, collaborating and interacting with people at all levels to ensure our teams are motivated and performing at their best.
- Advise and coach: You’ll support and advise our People Advisors to navigate any ER issues, alongside proactively coaching managers on how to best support and develop their teams.
- Employee Engagement: You'll take the time to really get to know ZAVAand be a trusted partner for the organisation and employees alike. You will help foster an inclusive culture to ensure everyone is engaged, understands what is expected of them and has the opportunity to develop during their career at ZAVA.
- Talent Acquisition: You’ll have experience in talent acquisition and will be a point of escalation to our advisors and managers to support the facilitation of hiring great new talent at ZAVA.
- Day-to-day HR Management: As a regulated organisation it’s vital that our employees are up to speed on ZAVA’s HR policies, procedures and best people management practices, you’ll play a key role in ensuring this is all up to date.
- Projects: You will work with the wider People team to plan, execute and support on both company wide and client group specific projects and initiatives.
For this role you need to have:
- Excellent communication skills - working collaboratively with People across all teams in the business you will have a high level of emotional intelligence to support and understand the different needs of employees.
- Experience of mentoring, coaching or managing junior team members.
- You’re exceptionally well-organised and can move long-term projects forward while also juggling immediate priorities
- An empathetic and creative problem solver, able to adapt in ambiguous and changing contexts.
- Proven and demonstrable client group experience, with an ability to navigate complex people situations and a strong knowledge of UK Employment Law.
- A hands-on and can-do attitude to work. You are able to take ownership and run with things seeking input and guidance as appropriate.
- You’re an experienced interviewer with the ability to spot the best talent and input positively to hiring decisions
- A strong desire to create an inclusive, collaborative and engaging workplace culture.
- You have excellent attention to detail
It would also be advantageous to have experience with:
- Experience with bob & Greenhouse
- Worked with agile methodology
Your line manager will be:
Your application journey will be
- Introductory call with Talent Team (15mins)
- Screening call with Hiring Manager (30mins)
- Take home task to be presented to the Hiring Manager and People Director (1 hour)
Core working hours
Our core business hours are 9am - 6pm, although flexible working arrangements are available upon agreement with your line manager.
Benefits from the day you join:
🏖 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Birthday day off
🩺 Healthcare cash back plan through SimplyHealth, as well as advice, counselling and corporate discounts
🧘🏽 Membership to Headspace (mindfulness application)
💙 20% off all ZAVA product & services for you and your friends/family
🏡 Remote flexible working
💻 Macbook Pro
🏢 Modern office with breakfast, hot drinks, bike storage and shower facilities
🐶 Dog friendly office
Additional benefits following probation period:
💰 £500 training budget per year (after 3 months)
✈️ Company sabbatical after 2 years
🗺 Opportunity to work from overseas for 2 months each year
🤑 Enrolled on discretionary company bonus scheme
Applications for this role will close on 20th June 2023 but may close early due to the number of applicants.
Diversity is everywhere and it makes the world a more interesting place. At ZAVA we encourage diversity, welcome difference and celebrate new ideas. Everyone is welcome to apply to ZAVA, regardless of origin, creed, disability, age, nationality, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, gender or other legally protected reasons. Additionally, research shows that generally, men are happy to apply for positions where they fit 60% of the requirements or higher, whereas women and underrepresented groups often will not apply unless they fit the requirements almost entirely. If you think you’d be great in this role, even if you don’t match all the requirements we have listed, we’d still love to hear from you!
Please note: certain positions will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.