We’re quite proud of our achievements…
250M+ downloads, 50M+ monthly users, #1 by installs in the iOS Health category, 4.9 stars on the App Store (3M+ reviews), backed by 7 VCs, annual revenue at 9 figures, and a valuation close to $1B.
…and we’re just getting started.
We’re Flo Health, a rapidly growing, Series B funded HealthTech building the essential digital health partner of tomorrow to empower women, girls, and people who menstruate with the knowledge and support they need to stay well and live better.
And there's never been a more exciting time to join us.
Our cycle, ovulation and pregnancy tracking, educational content and anonymised community platform have been trusted for years by millions to help them feel more in control of their health every day.
Now though, we’re harnessing the power of data analytics and AI to build a smarter future, one where we all know our bodies better - we’re set to become the world’s favourite female health brand.
Big plans, right?
They absolutely are - that’s why we’re hiring.
Legal and Compliance are partners across the whole business here at Flo. They watch over everything: Flo’s privacy programme, compliance with regulatory obligations, contract management, IP enforcement… you name it.
The team’s divided into three groups - Privacy & Data Protection, Regulatory & Compliance, and Legal Services, each managing its own area.
This role sits in the Privacy & Data Protection team, and it's a truly exciting time to join them.
Having recently achieved our ISO 27001 certification (the first business of our kind with it), rolled out Anonymous Mode, and set up our industry leading Privacy Board, we’re pressing ahead with privacy as a continued main feature in defining the future of Flo Health. This will be a key opportunity to help shape that future.
Sitting in a team of five, our Privacy Manager will have an exciting agenda implementing AI privacy toolkits, ensuring privacy by design with the Engineering team, coaching the wider businesses on our new (and further) ISO accreditations and taking part in redesign projects to ensure the privacy team is truly metrics driven.
- Strong (usually 3+ years) experience in data protection in a Privacy Project Manager, Privacy Manager, Data Protection Manager or Senior Privacy Analyst role (or similar).
- OneTrust, Jira and Confluence fluent, including experience in collating statistics and metrics for sprints.
- Strong experience in presenting ideas concisely and clearly, including the use of tools such as Miro.
- Experience in managing and supporting the implementation of privacy-related frameworks, such as GDPR.
- Strong organisation and project coordination skills relating to commercial data protection and privacy initiatives.
- Proven experience in working on privacy projects cross-functionally with legal teams and wider business units.
Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to take ownership of issues and prioritize appropriately in a fast paced, growing tech company, where not everything is laid out already.
- Proven track record of delivering projects and tasks on time and reporting on progress and results.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively, and take ownership of actions.
Nice to have:
- Background working in Privacy within a technology or start-up company.
- Experience in working with health data or other sensitive / regulated classes of information.
- Experience in working with US and/or other international Privacy standards and regulations.
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for:
- Tracking projects and providing updates on a consistent basis to stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Partnering with and supporting business stakeholders and the wider Privacy team on problem definition and drive alignment on business goals, privacy goals and defining target OKRs.
- Providing technical and procedural support in the implementation of privacy by design and default solutions for teams, including Engineering teams.
- Documenting policies and processes.
- Creating and conducting appropriate training.
- Monitoring the risk register and proposing and concluding on risk treatment plans.
- Conducting data mapping and assisting with updates to Flo’s ROPA.
- Conducting data protection impact assessments.
- Recommending and completing adjustments to OneTrust templates and processes.
- Monitoring progress on data protection programme plans and metrics, and keeping documentation and processes updated.
- Ensuring continuing implementation of Flo’s data protection policies.
- Leading new initiatives and assisting the team on privacy projects.
- Managing the privacy self help tools on the Intranet.
People perform better when they’re happy, paid well, looked after and supported.
That’s just a fact.
On top of competitive salaries, we offer Flo's permanent employees:
- A fully flexible working environment wherever you’re at your best: at home, in our offices, or a mix-and-match of both
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP)
- Paid holiday and sick leave (dependent on location)
- Fully paid female health and sick leave, in addition to holiday and regular sick leave
- Workations - an opportunity to work abroad for two months’ a year
- Six months' paid Maternity Leave, and one months' paid Paternity Leave (subject to qualifying conditions) inclusive of same-sex and adoptive parents
- Career growth, progression, and learning development resources
- Annual salary reviews
- As many free premium Flo subscriptions as you’d like
- A whole host of other benefits (health/pension/social schemes, dependent on location)
It’s pretty hard to condense a culture down to a few words, but we do all have a few things in common.
We’re problem solvers, we’re adaptable, we’re empathy driven and results led.
People here like working in a fast-paced, multi-national, multi-cultural and ever changing environment. Everyone has an impact on a powerful mission, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to ideate solutions and put them in place. Being part of a rapidly growing business means that the answers aren’t always there for us already, but that’s okay; it’s part of the excitement!
If this resonates, we might be the right place for you.
We know that building the future of female health isn’t going to be easy,
but we’re hoping you’re up for the challenge.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.