We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 5 million users and plan to double that number each year... which is where you come in.
Who are we hiring?
We’re looking for a Product Design Manager to join us on this mission. You’ll be joining a team of adaptable, creative and product-focused designers. We understand our customers, we understand their pain, and we’re passionate about helping them.
You will previously have been a product designer yourself, and you understand what it means to be an outstanding designer in a product-focused tech company. You enjoy coaching, mentoring and supporting the designers on the team and are motivated to improve the product designer experience for everyone around you.
What you’ll be doing
As Product Design Manager you’ll directly manage product designers. You’ll report to our Head of Product Design, and partner with them to ensure all aspects of the Product Design chapter are functioning smoothly and collaborating well with the wider Product org.
You’ll be involved in recruiting for and onboarding the product design team, developing the team’s career progression, and ensuring designers have the right tools, training and support to be successful.
You’ll also need to work with and across product squads to improve and optimise our processes and cross-squad dependencies, and build relationships between product design and the rest of the company – e.g the marketing and people team.
What we’re looking for
- Experience working in a Design leadership role
- Excellent communicator
- Experience ideally working at a product startup or well respected tech company
- Strong product design background - this is not a hands-on role but you must have extensive product design experience
- Passion for mentoring, coaching and developing the design team
- Experience working in a fast paced, data driven environment
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with reviews every 6 months. The salary for this role is up to £110,000 + equity.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work.
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. If you live in London we have a hybrid approach, we’d love you to spend one day a week or more in our beautiful office. If you’re outside of London, we’ll encourage you to spend a couple of days with us a few times per year. And we’ll cover your travel costs, naturally.
- Other benefits;
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Private Medical Insurance, Health Cash Plan, Income Protection, and Life Assurance
- 2 months paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo!
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!