At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. If you want to hear from some of our Accufolk about what it's like to work for us, take a look at a video from our 2022 summer conference!
Life as a Product Operations Manager at Accurx
With 98% of GP practices and 68% of hospitals using some part of Accurx every week, we’ve been able to spot problems, build and release great products, and see the direct impact you get when you remove admin and other blockers from communication in the NHS.
We’ve had some important wins up to this point, but scaling new products to users isn’t easy. We’re currently taking on new challenges including launching new products into hospitals as well as joining up communication between GPs and hospital staff, which is why we need to grow the Ops team.
Supporting Product & Commercial teams to solve these problems is at the heart of this role. Most roles in start-ups involve a range of different responsibilities - things move fast so you can expect new, unanticipated, projects to come your way and exposure to lots of different aspects of the business.
As a Product Operations Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring our team has what they need to build great products, our users and customers have what they need to start using them, and our patients are happy with how Accurx is used. This is done by establishing and delivering the operational requirements for Accurx to launch new product areas.
- Once we’ve built them, getting our products into the hands of users by removing barriers, identifying and engaging pilot user groups, running growth experiments, optimising onboarding journeys and building playbooks that we can use to scale.
- Partnering with NHS bodies to deliver new capabilities (such as booking a GP appointment via the NHS app) and to assure that our products meet and exceed healthcare standards.
- We’ve grown rapidly and expect this trend to continue across both Operations and the rest of the business. You'll therefore also be responsible for implementing and improving processes across the company - such as how we set goals to deliver our strategy - making sure that nothing gets in the way of people being able to do their jobs as effectively and efficiently as possible.
What the team say ...
"The NHS continues to be under immense pressure, and we’ve seen how usage of our products have helped healthcare professionals continue to deliver high quality patient care alongside these challenges.
This is a really exciting time to join Accurx, and this role is an opportunity to be at the centre of that endeavour, scaling our operations and defining them as we ramp up our usage within acute hospital trusts.” Eden - Head of Business Operations
We'd really like to hear from you, if...
- You have experience in an operations, projects or growth role, gained from a fast paced and ambitious environment.
- Directly solving problems and making a graph go up makes you tick!
- You’re used to being accountable; you’re transparent with the metrics you set and have been open when ambitious projects haven’t gone to plan.
- You’re an exceptional communicator, tailoring the level of detail to the person you’re talking to - this ranges from our most senior buyers, to the doctors, nurses and administrators who use our products on a daily basis, and all of the Accurx folk from the top of the business to individuals delivering the work.
- You're confident working with numbers and Excel. Ideally you also have some experience with SQL & BI tools like PowerBI/ Tableau/ MixPanel (or you’ve built loads of dashboards in Excel or similar products).
- You’re competent in telling compelling stories and making evidence-based plans based on the insights you uncover.
- You can plan, prioritise and communicate (the good, the bad and the risky) well, particularly in relation to highly-complex workstreams with different stakeholders across the organisation
- You're mission-driven: you care about positively impacting the lives of millions
- You’re always collaborating: you place team success over personal success and you enjoy working in an open, collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate responsible ownership: when you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You seek continuous improvement: you’re always developing new skills and insights, while exploring ways to do things better
- You’re mindful of balance: you're conscious of your own health and that of others. You think carefully about how best to focus your efforts, knowing when to push yourself to reach a goal.
Salary & Benefits package:
- £50,000 - £60,000 + the value of £31,500 share options
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our employee handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.