Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
The People Scientist role entails being a thought leader in the HR and engagement space while assisting customers with survey question design, analysing survey results, developing performance management processes, advising on communication approaches, and establishing feedback strategies for our customers at the organisation, group, and individual level. People scientists work directly with current and prospective customers to explain the science behind measuring and improving employee engagement and performance management processes using Culture Amp’s platform. Our ideal candidates will be able to present their expertise on both the academic and applied study of today’s workforce in personable and engaging ways that align with both educational partnerships and sales relationships.
Your greatest skill is being able to listen and understand our customers’ needs and provide clarity around direction and strategy. You love empowering people and your passion lies in diving into data to uncover stories and provide insights, as well as imparting knowledge to up-skill customers and coworkers. We are looking for an energetic and dedicated professional to work with a close-knit customer team that takes users all the way from leads to champions across customers ranging in size from tens to tens of thousands of employees. We want someone who shares our passion for simplifying people analytics and performance management, teaching clients to draw insights from data on their own, and building our community of amazing people geeks. This position is for a mid- to senior-level role with no direct reports working with customers based in either Berlin (Germany) or London (UK).
We asked some of our People Scientists what they love about their work, and here are a few things you can look forward to:
- You’ll get to flex your expertise around all aspects of work behaviour. Culture Amp is the full Employee Experience Platform, so you’ll coach managers and executives through things like onboarding, engagement, performance, development, team dynamics, and diversity and inclusion.
- You’ll embody a true scientist-practitioner model. At Culture Amp, our work is grounded in scientific and methodological rigour, and our recommendations are informed by the latest applied and academic literature combined with the practical context of organisational life.
- You’ll be relied upon as a subject matter expert when working with customers and Camper colleagues alike. Our People Scientists are great at explaining things, but they enjoy puzzles too. Our curiosity motivates us to go find answers, and we’ve got plenty of data to test hypotheses!
- You’ll present thought leadership combining your domain expertise with your experience to educate the public on industry trends and the evolving nature of work. Our People Scientists frequently present this thought leadership at in-person and virtual events.
- Collaborate with customers (pre-sale and post-sale) to design and build people-centric feedback and performance management strategies
- Contribute to survey question design sessions and lead results review sessions with a variety of clients, from HR professionals within larger companies to CEOs at smaller businesses
- Work with client data and survey outcomes to identify the most valuable themes and stories to help our clients improve their culture and business outcomes
- Generate actionable and predictive insights from HR data sets, including engagement surveys, lifecycle surveys (onboarding to exit), and individual/team effectiveness feedback
- Coach clients on aligning business strategy with performance management and employee feedback approaches using the Culture Amp platform
- Support and build domain expertise for our customer facing teams through coaching and training
- Contribute to improving internal processes and culture within Culture Amp
- Contribute to internal and external thought leadership on HR issues in a variety of industries and regions
- Present HR analytics research, client survey results and training masterclasses to HR leaders, executive teams, and prospective Culture Amp clients. This includes virtually and in person, with travel comprising up to approximately 33% of the role.
- Experience working in a high growth, global SaaS company and in HR Tech preferred
What do you (ideally) bring to the team?
- Master’s or PhD in Organisational Psychology, Organisational Development, HR/Business Analytics or related field
- 3+ years of applied experience, for example, working as an HR professional within an organisation and/or consulting to organisations. Enterprise experience is highly preferred
- At least 2 years of applied experience working with surveys throughout the employee lifecycle (candidate, onboarding, engagement, inclusion, exit) and/or 360-type feedback processes
- Experience designing, implementing and analysing surveys, as well as presenting results to executives and HR leaders
- Performance management system implementation experience not necessary but highly preferred
- Strong presentation skills especially when explaining data and connecting it to potential actions
- Basic knowledge of statistics and experience running statistical analyses" as PS essentially need to be able to at least understand statistical concepts and know how to translate/find the right answer (even if they don't have direct experience)
- And proficiency in the usual software tools (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Keynote, Google docs) as well as a willingness to learn and work with new technology systems.
- Experience working with organisations in the Middle East, Southern Europe or BeNeLux is a plus.
After 3 months you’ll:
- Work cross-functionally to teach new customers how to use the platform
- Assist our Sales & Customer Success teams in closing deals and launching customers
- Advise HR leaders on their employee engagement & effectiveness strategies to create change within their organisations
- Conduct survey design sessions, train customers on how to best interpret their results, and present the results to HR and other leaders
- Assist our Marketing team to develop action-oriented and compelling thought leadership content for our blog, newsletters, and social media based on leading science
- Attend and present at a variety of events where we interact with our community – including People Geekup webinars, masterclasses, conferences, etc.
A few highlights from Culture Amp
If you are truly excited about this role and meet the requirements mentioned above, please submit: 1) your resume, and 2) a cover letter which identifies five specific reasons why you feel you’d be a great addition to our team. Thank you very much for your time and interest!
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.