📣 A bit about the role.
Are you a Senior Project Manager (Brand / Innovation) who loves collaborating with a diverse set of teams to deliver innovative and high-impact projects that help us build the best brand in our category? If your tail is wagging, keep reading…
As part of the Projects function of the Brand Creative team (reporting into the Brand Creative Projects Lead), you'll play a key role in bringing exciting ideas and products to life, such as recipes, treats, packaging and more.
We're looking for someone who is a detail-oriented, organisational powerhouse, who is able to influence and motivate a variety of teams each with varying priorities. You'll have ownership of your projects from the very beginning and will be responsible for managing them until they're integrated into the wider business. You’ll play a key role in making judgements and the freedom to continually question and optimise the way that we do things, to help us always strive for better.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Own and drive process optimisation
- Guard our processes and educate the wider business on them along with best practices
- Identify and implement process optimisation initiatives
- Ensure that resources (ie. time, people, budget) are managed efficiently whilst keeping quality, our customers and the brand a priority
- Plan and scope new projects
- Scope and build out the longer-term Brand Creative projects roadmaps and timelines
- Prioritise projects and requests to ensure we're working on the right things at the right time
- Lead projects throughout their lifecycle
- Lead multiple projects at once from kick-off to launch
- Ensure the Butternut brand, customer, commercial targets, and timelines are at the forefront of decisions
- Proactively manage and mitigate risks whilst tracking changes (you should always be five steps ahead)
- Champion and celebrate the wins of your peers in the project teams, keeping everyone engaged and excited about projects (helping dogs live happier and healthy lives is exciting) 🙌
- Stakeholder management and reporting on projects
- Lead on day-to-day action tracking and reporting
- Facilitate the necessary project meetings and working sessions to keep everyone aligned
- Manage and present company-wide communication on major project milestones such as physical product launches
- Advocate for the Butternut Brand
- Ensure that all projects align with the Butternut brand and actively advocate for it throughout the project lifecycle
👋 A bit about you.
- Experienced and assured in your abilities (ideally 4-5+ years of experience in a similar role)
- Relevant experience managing multiple high visibility cross-functional projects (simultaneously) from start to finish
- Someone who holds high standards for operational excellence and just makes things happen.
- Excellent communication skills - ability to present information and stakeholder expectations succinctly and clearly, in the best way to suit and influence your audience
- A creative problem-solver - when things don't go to plan, working through potential solutions with the relevant people
- Excellent at managing stakeholders - demonstrated ability to work with a variety of teams with different ways of working (such as Brand Creative, Marketing, Product Development, Procurement & Supply Chain, Digital Product, Technical, Ops.)
- An understanding of brand and how to advocate for it
- A good understanding of commercial measures e.g. gross margin and revenue, and the impact actions may have on them
- Skilled at Excel, Google Sheets and project management tools required to build out timelines and track tasks and actions. (We use Notion.)
- Share our belief that dogs deserve better
🦄 Unicorn bonus
- Familiar with Notion (our project management tool)
- Has a unicorn (that’s comfortable dressing as a dog) 😝
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Enhanced parental leave
- Hybrid working: Co-working office space in White City - London
- Flexible working hours
- Free Butternut Box for your own 🐶 or at a discounted price for someone you know
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Lots of office dogs (Ajax, Brio, Luna, Basil, Peggy, Pip, Rudi, Indi, Gnocco and many more….)
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions. #LI-Hybrid
As a B-Corp certified company; you can be sure you are joining a sustainable company who care about our people, product and our impact on the environment.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
❗️A few things to note:
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.