Join Salary Finance an award-winning, FinTech business with a social purpose - to help employees take control of their finances.
Working with employers, we provide a financial wellbeing platform as an employee benefit, helping employees to understand their money better, get out of debt faster and save for their future. We already have a reach of over 4,000,000 employees through our relationships with over 600 of the biggest companies in the UK.
By improving employee financial wellbeing, we have a very real and meaningful impact on people’s lives. We remove the stress and worry associated with financial difficulties by dramatically reducing the interest rates employees pay on their personal debt, and provide them with the tools needed to start saving sooner and be more financially secure. We are backed by some of the biggest brands, including investments from Blenheim Chalcot (the UK’s leading venture builder), Legal and General (the FTSE 100 insurer and asset manager), Experian and Goldman Sacs, and funding partnerships with JP Morgan and Virgin Money.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes' list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian, the Telegraph, CityAM and the Institute of Directors.
We’re looking for an exceptional Chief Commercial and Product Officer. Reporting to the CEO you’ll be a member of the Leadership Team and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company.
You’ll be the product and commercial champion – as the expert, you will constantly be selling our product internally and externally, inspiring staff and pitching to new and existing clients, investors, and the board. You’ll help us to make the right prioritisation decisions – we have too much good stuff to do and limitless ambition! We can’t do everything so it’s your job to help our teams align on what we’re aiming for. We want you to make Salary Finance to be the best place in fintech to work.
- You are passionate about technology and social impact, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society
- You bring deep commercial acumen; you have the capacity to conceptualise as well as operationalise commercial strategies.
- You believe that the effectiveness of Product & Commercial relies on a profound understanding and synchronisation of customers, clients, and commercial strategy. You are passionate about developing features and solutions that hold value for all stakeholders. ● You are a strong leader and have the ability to motivate and inspire a team
- You have an impressive track record in building, managing and developing high performance commercial sales and senior account management teams, and have a passion for applying technology and innovative thinking to disrupt traditional markets
- You are a hands-on highly analytical leader who enjoys leading from the front and representing the business in front of customers
- You are experienced at representing the commercial function at the executive level, as well as being an active contributor.
- You have the ability to work with employees at all levels of the organisation in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality ● You have the ability to identify, analyse, segment, target and win new business opportunities ● You are a persuasive communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and are capable of comprehending and presenting complex technical topics and specialised information in an easy to understand format.
Nice to have
- You have experience in Financial Services, employee benefits or innovative high growth companies.
- You have experience of designing and delivering both a B2C and B2B offering ● You have a track record of successfully scaling a company of a similar size/stage ● You have 10+ years in progressively responsible commercial/business function leadership roles, are looking for a fresh challenge and are ready to roll your sleeves up and get involved
Lead from the front:
As an integral member of the Salary Finance leadership team, contribute to strategic decision making across the business, through both a leadership and specialist lens.
- Provide motivational leadership and direction to the team, including recruiting, managing, and developing a high performing team.
- Work with all stakeholders to communicate a clear set of priorities and OKRs. ● Provide clarity of roles and responsibilities, and embed a high performance management culture.
Define the Commercial strategy:
- Support the development of the company strategy and commercial business model to deliver shareholder returns in a realistic time horizon. We want to be bold, ambitious, commercially savvy and a champion of financial wellbeing.
- Lead the development of the commercial business plan, working in tune with the financial planning process, aligning financial targets, business strategy and commercial goals. Develop the commercial initiatives, including coordinating inputs from all the first line teams, and synchronise resource capacity and roadmaps to create a clear plan. We don’t believe in a static plan but rather the process of continuous planning.
- We want Salary Finance to be a household name - lead the expansion of our addressable target market and transformation to an app-first, multi product, scalable workplace financial service digital ecosystem.
Day-to-day P&L Management:
- Drive business performance by analysing, interpreting and clearly communicating performance in a way that binds us together and provides clarity of progress.
- Closely monitor performance and develop options to ensure the business achieves its overall targets.
Product management and ensure good customer outcomes:
- We define a product as something that is important to us and / or important to our customers, and we believe that having technology and product teams orientated around these domains is critical to delivering superior customer experience and significant business value.
- The role holder is responsible for setting the product visions, strategy, delivery roadmap and product results. This includes:
○ Defining and articulating a compelling vision and goals that inspire the team and the wider business.
○ Measuring and improving customer outcomes and customer experience, putting that at the centre of product design and the commercial strategy.
○ Ensuring compliance with both the spirit and the rules of relevant regulatory and codes of conduct.
○ Defining and delivering against the primary business outcomes and helping us to prioritise our efforts.
Business development, client success and marketing:
The role holder is responsible for the full cycle of sales and business development from planning, marketing, execution, management and control perspective; foster collaborative working relationships throughout the sales cycle in pursuit of the company’s overall business goals.
- Provide leadership in the development and growth of the Business Development, Marketing, Onboarding and Client Success Teams
- Develop and implement sales strategies across key market segments to ensure that the company identifies and optimises a clear path to high growth
- Manage the sales pipeline to ensure accurate and adequate lead inflow to reach targeted objectives
- Manage strategic partnerships and client relationships to drive profitable revenues across all channels
- Assess, build and manage an array of distribution channels capable of delivering on the company growth objectives
- Building a market leading marketing capability across B2B2C, B2C and B2B that brings to life our mission of helping millions of employees to live financially happier and healthier lives through our brand, our tone of voice, our key messages.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Share options
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits include a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, flexible working and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com